Linux Issue

R

Rajrockzs

Hi this is Raj, from India. I have been trying to install Ubuntu and Kali Linux in Vbox & VMWare. I am getting same error in both the machines.

Issues
1. When I install ubuntu after the installation there is no main menu. I tried to install update did some more stuffs which was mentioned in some other sites none of them are worked both in Vbox as well VMWare
2. I installed Kali Linux tried all the method to install but after the installation either it get stuck with black screen nor gives me a message stating loading please wait...and there is no further action on the screen.

It will be great if you could try to resolve this issue.

My System Details
Windows 8 32 bit
6GB RAM
Processor: Intel Pentium

Have you enabled 3D in Vbox, and installed the guest additions? Try installing Lubuntu first, see if it works.

I'm not very familiar with virtual machines, but a possible problem may be that you are trying to install 64-bit guests into your 32-bit Windows host. This can be done, but special steps need to be taken. Here's a link to the virtualbox site with more information (see section 3.1.2 on 64-bit guests): https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html

Or be sure to install 32-bit guests of Ubuntu and Kali... they both offer 32-bit editions.

Good luck!

Members online

Latest posts