LINUX Installation

I know I haven't said anything about the hardware...however, I have already ensured that my system has the requirements to run LinuxMint...I was correct in my assumption that I had only a partial file...I have since downloaded the correct .iso and have had no issues since. Currently just messing around and trying to learn the program now. Thanks for all the assists everyone...

Being it kind of left you in the dark, may I suggest AntiX linux. It is an extremely lightweight linux based on Debian Linux and will run on older PII machines up to the newest machines. Go to YouTube and search for AntiX videos by run with the dolphin.

Last edited:
Hihi, asking for a advice on distro's is like being spammed!
A new user is not being helped by suggestions of 100+ brands.

What do you suggest? Every time I see a thread on a board asking for advice on which distro to choose, my reaction is, "Do some research." (RTFM) Which is why I usually do not respond to such questions. If someone chooses to answer such a question, it will be for the purpose of providing information. Different people have different suggestions? Imagine that. At least the person has a little information to, hopefully, use as a starting point for research and make an informed decision. Your alternative is what?

Members online

Latest posts