Linux has the Power to change the OS industry

BashB

Reaction score
Credits
Greeting my name is Bimbie Mpofu a new lover for Linux
for Years I have used the most common OS that always came with the computer, I then recently discovered there are other OS like Linux, very much a big fan of Linux specially the Debian based
I think if we support these Distros one will surface more challenging, personally I am frustrated about the default OS we are always offered.
Elive linux is my favorite just that I am currently unemployed I would have donated relatively to the OS I believe it has a bright future.

Greetings Bimbie and welcome to the site.

I am moving this to Member Introductions, where you may meet a few more of your fellow enthusiasts.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Welcome to the forums
you will have a slight learning curve to contend with, so don't rush
sit back, kick off your shoes, grab a beer, and enjoy the ride

Hello Bimbie welcome to the forums
And good luck with your journey in the land of linux :D

Is there a review for 64bit on a Pentium D computer with 768 Ram
Not that I have found.

I'd create a bootable usb media or DVD bootable media and give it a live test run if you haven't already.

The Elive distro should run ok unfortunately with only 768mb of memory the browser is going to be a painful experience

.What type of memory DDR or DDR2 eBay usually has good deals on both if you're willing to wade through the pages to find them.

Not that I have found.

I'd create a bootable usb media or DVD bootable media and give it a live test run if you haven't already.

The Elive distro should run ok unfortunately with only 768mb of memory the browser is going to be a painful experience

.What type of memory DDR or DDR2 eBay usually has good deals on both if you're willing to wade through the pages to find them.
Thank you for the info

Compared to the more popular, yet more restrictive operating systems out there, this ain't yo daddy's OS. Its great that you see potential in Linux and other Freedom and Open-Source Software (as we all do). Hell, Linux powers most of the servers around the world. How long have you started using it?

Greeting my name is Bimbie Mpofu a new lover for Linux
for Years I have used the most common OS that always came with the computer, I then recently discovered there are other OS like Linux, very much a big fan of Linux specially the Debian based
I think if we support these Distros one will surface more challenging, personally I am frustrated about the default OS we are always offered.
Elive linux is my favorite just that I am currently unemployed I would have donated relatively to the OS I believe it has a bright future.
Hi Bimbie, welcome to the site.
I agree, and indeed, Linux HAS change the world. The world runs on it after all.

Welcome to the Forum.
happy0005.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts