Linux distros

martinoinn

Reaction score
Credits
Why is it that everyone goes on about fedora or ubuntu being the top linux distros when it's only linux mint that is stable and fully working

Hello @martinoinn,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum.
I can't really answer your question. Other than to say everyone has a favorite and some think their's is the best. I have used mint since it's beginning and It's always been stable and a good Desktop. But to each their own :)

Why is it that everyone goes on about fedora or ubuntu being the top linux distros
Why do people say Ford is better than Chevy.
Why do people say Chevy is better than Ford.

when it's only linux mint that is stable and fully working
No it isn't.

everyone has a favorite and some think their's is the best.
Yep pretty much the way it works.

I use many different Linux distros and they're all stable.

Can't compare rolling releases / semi-rolling releases with LTS releases such as Linux Mint or Ubuntu.

Rolling releases / semi-rolling releases are pretty stable although sometimes updates can and do create problems which can also happen with LTS releases.

when it's only linux mint that is stable and fully working

I assume you're trolling.

Otherwise, how did you come to this conclusion - except by ignoring reality?

Why is it that everyone goes on about fedora or ubuntu being the top linux distros when it's only linux mint that is stable and fully working
You're probably trolling, so good one! But personally, I completely disagree with this statement as I am a Fedora user myself, and have been for quite some time.

Most Linux distros that are main stream are stable, I've used Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, Mint, EndeavourOS, Open SUSE, and Debian. However, depending on how you set things up, could cause issues even on Linux Mint.

The "Stable" Distro is the one that works on your computer in a stable fashion. Thats what Linux is about personal experience doing the work to get your system running finding what works and what doesn't.

Members online

Latest posts