Linux CPU Utilization Reporting Tool

Mayra65

Reaction score
Credits
I am trying to use linux curt (https://github.com/open-power-sdk/curt) tool for monitoring CPU utilization values of threads. On running this command ''' perf record -e '{raw_syscalls:*,sched:sched_switch,sched:sched_migrate_task,sched:sched_process_exec,sched:sched_process_fork,sched:sched_process_exit,sched:sched_stat_runtime,sched:sched_stat_wait,sched:sched_stat_sleep,sched:sched_stat_blocked,sched:sched_stat_iowait,powerpc:hcall_entry,powerpc:hcall_exit}' -a *command --args*
''' I am getting following [image 1] error (my ubuntu distribution is 20.04). even if skip this step. I am getting errors while running ''' perf script -s ./curt.py''' command.[image 2] please guide me on how to solve this issue?
perf record.png
perf2.png

Looks like you are running perf as normal user so you will either have to configure those extra thing as the documentation mentions or run perf with root privileges either as root user or with sudo.

Looks like you are running perf as normal user so you will either have to configure those extra thing as the documentation mentions or run perf with root privileges either as root user or with sudo.
i tried running perf as a root user but i am still getting error.
perf 3.png

Use "perf list" to find the valid events available on your system and use those in the "perf record" to collect the data for perf.data, your system isn't a powerpc system so it's not going to find that event.

:( I am not getting this. I also tried different commands from 'perf list' but still, I am not getting to any solution.

Members online

Latest posts