Linux Apps PTT

It looks like an error related to the Ubuntu software repository keys.

You can try running the following commands to update the repository keys:

Code:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6B073B6950B31B580B1D75015DCF8AE37F729B06
sudo apt update

These commands should download and add the missing keys to the repository keyring, and then update the package information from the repositories.

After running these commands, you can try running the Discord command with sudo again to see if it resolves the PTT keybinding issue.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other issues or questions!
I still got the same error message.

I still got the same error message.
If updating the repository keys did not resolve the issue, you can try reinstalling the Discord application using the following commands:

Code:
sudo apt purge discord
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/discord.list
sudo apt update
sudo apt install discord

These commands will first remove the current installation of Discord, then remove the Discord repository file (in case it's causing issues), update the package information from the repositories, and finally install the latest version of Discord.

After reinstalling Discord, you can try configuring the PTT keybinding again using xdotool and xte according to the previous instructions.

Code:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6B073B6950B31B580B1D75015DCF8AE37F729B06
sudo apt update

These commands should download and add the missing keys to the repository keyring, and then update the package information from the repositories.

After running these commands, you can try running the Discord command with sudo again to see if it resolves the PTT keybinding issue.

Still didn't work. I did a complete restart to I deleted Linux I reinstalled discord and sxhkd and still nothing. Is it possible to change my linux distro if my linux distro came with the computer when bought??

Still didn't work. I did a complete restart to I deleted Linux I reinstalled discord and sxhkd and still nothing. Is it possible to change my linux distro if my linux distro came with the computer when bought??
Yes, it is possible to change your Linux distribution even if it came pre-installed with your computer. However, you should be careful and make sure you have a backup of your data before switching to a different distribution.

To switch to a different distribution, you will need to download the ISO file for the new distribution and create a bootable USB drive or CD/DVD. Once you have the bootable media, you can restart your computer and boot into the new distribution.

Keep in mind that different distributions have different system requirements and compatibility issues, so make sure to choose a distribution that is suitable for your hardware and needs.

If you need help choosing a new distribution or with any other issues, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to guide you.

Yes, it is possible to change your Linux distribution even if it came pre-installed with your computer. However, you should be careful and make sure you have a backup of your data before switching to a different distribution.

To switch to a different distribution, you will need to download the ISO file for the new distribution and create a bootable USB drive or CD/DVD. Once you have the bootable media, you can restart your computer and boot into the new distribution.

Keep in mind that different distributions have different system requirements and compatibility issues, so make sure to choose a distribution that is suitable for your hardware and needs.

If you need help choosing a new distribution or with any other issues, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to guide you.
If I have debian 11 bullseye what other distro would be close to it.

If I have debian 11 bullseye what other distro would be close to it.
If you are looking for a Linux distribution that is similar to Debian 11 Bullseye, you might want to consider the following options:

1. Ubuntu - Ubuntu is based on Debian but has a more user-friendly interface and a larger software repository. Ubuntu is a popular distribution, and there are many resources and communities available for support.

2. Linux Mint - Linux Mint is a popular distribution based on Ubuntu. It has user-friendly interfaces and comes with a lot of pre-installed software packages, making it a good choice for beginners.

3. MX Linux - MX Linux is based on Debian and uses the Xfce desktop environment. It is designed to be fast, stable, and lightweight, and it comes with many useful tools and applications.

4. elementary OS - elementary OS is another distribution based on Ubuntu. It features a beautiful and user-friendly interface and comes with a carefully-curated selection of pre-installed apps and settings.

All of these options are great choices and should be similar enough to Debian 11 Bullseye that you will find them relatively familiar. You might want to try them out in a virtual machine or live USB to see which one suits your needs and preferences best.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need any more help!

If you are looking for a Linux distribution that is similar to Debian 11 Bullseye, you might want to consider the following options:

1. Ubuntu - Ubuntu is based on Debian but has a more user-friendly interface and a larger software repository. Ubuntu is a popular distribution, and there are many resources and communities available for support.

2. Linux Mint - Linux Mint is a popular distribution based on Ubuntu. It has user-friendly interfaces and comes with a lot of pre-installed software packages, making it a good choice for beginners.

3. MX Linux - MX Linux is based on Debian and uses the Xfce desktop environment. It is designed to be fast, stable, and lightweight, and it comes with many useful tools and applications.

4. elementary OS - elementary OS is another distribution based on Ubuntu. It features a beautiful and user-friendly interface and comes with a carefully-curated selection of pre-installed apps and settings.

All of these options are great choices and should be similar enough to Debian 11 Bullseye that you will find them relatively familiar. You might want to try them out in a virtual machine or live USB to see which one suits your needs and preferences best.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need any more help!
How do I remove debian from my device to install ubuntu

How do I remove debian from my device to install ubuntu
To remove Debian from your device and install Ubuntu, you will need to do the following:

1. Create a backup of any important data on the Debian installation, as this process will erase all data on the device.

2. Create a bootable USB drive or CD/DVD with the Ubuntu ISO file.

3. Insert the bootable USB drive or CD/DVD into your device, and restart the device.

4. Press the key to enter the boot menu (this key varies depending on your device manufacturer), and select the bootable media as the device to boot from.

5. Once Ubuntu boots from the media, select the "Install Ubuntu" option to start the installation process.

6. Follow the on-screen prompts to choose your installation options, partition the device, and complete the installation process.

7. Once the installation is complete, remove the bootable media and restart the device. Ubuntu should now be the default operating system on your device.

Keep in mind that this process will erase all data on the device, so make sure to create a backup of any important files before proceeding.

If you have any other questions or need more help, feel free to ask!

Code:
sudo apt update

I do I install plugins mean't for windows on my linux using wine?

I do I install plugins mean't for windows on my linux using wine?
It is possible to install some Windows plugins on Linux using Wine, but it depends on the specific plugin and how it interacts with the system. Some plugins may work well under Wine, while others may not work at all or may have issues.

To install a Windows plugin on Linux using Wine, you will need to do the following:

1. Install Wine on your Linux system. The method for installing Wine depends on the specific distribution you are using. For example, on Ubuntu-based systems, you can install Wine by opening a terminal and running the command: sudo apt install wine

2. Download the Windows plugin you want to install. Make sure to download the version that is compatible with the version of the software you are using.

3. Right-click on the downloaded plugin file and select "Open With Wine Windows Program Loader" to run the installer through Wine.

4. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the plugin. Note that the installation process may differ from the regular installation process on Windows.

5. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to use the plugin within the software by running it through Wine.

Keep in mind that not all Windows plugins will work in Wine, and some may require additional configuration or setup to function properly. You may need to experiment with different versions of Wine or try alternative solutions if the plugin does not work as expected.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need more help!

It is possible to install some Windows plugins on Linux using Wine, but it depends on the specific plugin and how it interacts with the system. Some plugins may work well under Wine, while others may not work at all or may have issues.

To install a Windows plugin on Linux using Wine, you will need to do the following:

1. Install Wine on your Linux system. The method for installing Wine depends on the specific distribution you are using. For example, on Ubuntu-based systems, you can install Wine by opening a terminal and running the command: sudo apt install wine

2. Download the Windows plugin you want to install. Make sure to download the version that is compatible with the version of the software you are using.

3. Right-click on the downloaded plugin file and select "Open With Wine Windows Program Loader" to run the installer through Wine.

4. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the plugin. Note that the installation process may differ from the regular installation process on Windows.

5. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to use the plugin within the software by running it through Wine.

Keep in mind that not all Windows plugins will work in Wine, and some may require additional configuration or setup to function properly. You may need to experiment with different versions of Wine or try alternative solutions if the plugin does not work as expected.

The 2 plugins i'm trying to install are TS_PLUGINS will they work on wine???

The 2 plugins i'm trying to install are TS_PLUGINS will they work on wine???
Unfortunately, I cannot say for sure if the TS_PLUGINS will work on Wine as it depends on the specific version of the plugins and how they interact with Wine. In general, Wine does a good job of running many Windows applications, but not all applications or plugins are guaranteed to work correctly.

I would suggest trying to install the plugins using Wine and seeing if they work as expected. If they do not work, you may need to look into alternative solutions, such as native Linux plugins or different Windows emulation software.

Also note that some TeamSpeak plugins are available for Linux. You may want to check if there is a comparable Linux version of the plugins you want to use or explore alternative plugins that are compatible with your operating system.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or need more help.

Unfortunately, I cannot say for sure if the TS_PLUGINS will work on Wine as it depends on the specific version of the plugins and how they interact with Wine. In general, Wine does a good job of running many Windows applications, but not all applications or plugins are guaranteed to work correctly.

I would suggest trying to install the plugins using Wine and seeing if they work as expected. If they do not work, you may need to look into alternative solutions, such as native Linux plugins or different Windows emulation software.

Also note that some TeamSpeak plugins are available for Linux. You may want to check if there is a comparable Linux version of the plugins you want to use or explore alternative plugins that are compatible with your operating system.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or need more hel
So if I installed them into my chrome files will they be in my wine files? If so how do I get too them? Also if I installed teamspeak in linux how do I get to the files for teamspeak?

So if I installed them into my chrome files will they be in my wine files? If so how do I get too them? Also if I installed teamspeak in linux how do I get to the files for teamspeak?
If you installed the TS_PLUGINS into your Chrome files, they will not automatically be available in Wine. You would need to install them separately in Wine by following the installation instructions that came with them.

To access files installed in Wine, you can navigate to the C drive directory within Wine. This directory is located at ~/.wine/drive_c/ by default. From there, you can navigate to the directory where you installed the TS_PLUGINS. Note that Wine uses a different file structure than Linux, so you may need to look in different directories than you would on a typical Linux system.

If you installed TeamSpeak on Linux, you can find the installation files in the directory where you installed it. The default installation directory is /opt/teamspeak/ by default. From there, you can access the files and configuration files for TeamSpeak.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or need more help.

If you installed the TS_PLUGINS into your Chrome files, they will not automatically be available in Wine. You would need to install them separately in Wine by following the installation instructions that came with them.

To access files installed in Wine, you can navigate to the C drive directory within Wine. This directory is located at ~/.wine/drive_c/ by default. From there, you can navigate to the directory where you installed the TS_PLUGINS. Note that Wine uses a different file structure than Linux, so you may need to look in different directories than you would on a typical Linux system.

If you installed TeamSpeak on Linux, you can find the installation files in the directory where you installed it. The default installation directory is /opt/teamspeak/ by default. From there, you can access the files and configuration files for TeamSpeak.

So the TS_PLUGINS don't have installation instruction it just to files a package.ini and a folder with sounds and a plugin.

So the TS_PLUGINS don't have installation instruction it just to files a package.ini and a folder with sounds and a plugin.
In that case, you can try the following steps to manually install the TS_PLUGINS in Wine:

1. Open Wine configuration by running the command "winecfg" in the terminal.

2. In the Wine configuration window, select the "Drives" tab.

3. Click on the "Add" button under the "Drives" tab to add a new drive.

4. Select the "Z:" drive and click "OK" to create a new drive.

5. In the "Path" field, enter the directory where the TS_PLUGINS files are located.

6. Click "OK" and exit the Wine configuration.

7. Open a terminal and navigate to the Z: drive by running the command "cd /mnt/z".

8. Navigate to the directory where you saved the TS_PLUGINS files.

9. Run the command "wine filename.exe" to install the plugins, replacing "filename.exe" with the name of the file to install.

10. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.

After the installation is complete, you should be able to access the plugins from within TeamSpeak by enabling them in the plugin settings.

Note that this process may not work for all plugins, and some plugins may require additional configuration or setup.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions!

In that case, you can try the following steps to manually install the TS_PLUGINS in Wine:

1. Open Wine configuration by running the command "winecfg" in the terminal.

2. In the Wine configuration window, select the "Drives" tab.

3. Click on the "Add" button under the "Drives" tab to add a new drive.

4. Select the "Z:" drive and click "OK" to create a new drive.

5. In the "Path" field, enter the directory where the TS_PLUGINS files are located.

6. Click "OK" and exit the Wine configuration.

7. Open a terminal and navigate to the Z: drive by running the command "cd /mnt/z".

8. Navigate to the directory where you saved the TS_PLUGINS files.

9. Run the command "wine filename.exe" to install the plugins, replacing "filename.exe" with the name of the file to install.

10. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.

After the installation is complete, you should be able to access the plugins from within TeamSpeak by enabling them in the plugin settings.

Note that this process may not work for all plugins, and some plugins may require additional configuration or setup.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions!
Screenshot 2023-06-03 15.19.06.png
I already have the z drive installed is this correct??

View attachment 15908 I already have the z drive installed is this correct??
Yes, that's correct. The Z drive is already created by default in Wine, it should point to the root of your Linux file system (/) by default.

You can access your Linux file system by navigating to the Z drive, then navigating to the appropriate directory where the TS_PLUGINS files are located using the terminal command "cd" followed by the directory path.

Once you have navigated to the directory where the TS_PLUGINS files are located, you can proceed with the manual installation as discussed in my previous response.

Yes, that's correct. The Z drive is already created by default in Wine, it should point to the root of your Linux file system (/) by default.

You can access your Linux file system by navigating to the Z drive, then navigating to the appropriate directory where the TS_PLUGINS files are located using the terminal command "cd" followed by the directory path.

Once you have navigated to the directory where the TS_PLUGINS files are located, you can proceed with the manual installation as discussed in my previous response.

So the plugins are in my chrome files in the linux folder what's the cd pathway for that???

So the plugins are in my chrome files in the linux folder what's the cd pathway for that???
If the TS_PLUGINS files are located in your Chrome profile directory within Linux, the path to that directory within Wine would be:

~/.wine/drive_c/users/[username]/Local Settings/Application Data/Google/Chrome/User Data/Default/

Replace [username] in the path above with your Linux username.

Once you have navigated to the Chrome profile directory within Wine, you can then navigate to the directory where the TS_PLUGINS files are located and proceed with the manual installation as discussed earlier.

Members online

Latest posts