Linux and Android

Rick

Reaction score
Credits
I looked around this site a bit and haven't found what I wanted. This goes out to anyone who would wish to comment. I want to find anything concerning manipulating Android cell phones via Linux. Actually, what I want is to use Linux to root/unlock bootloader and then re-flash the android O.S.(Oreo 8.1.0 GO edition) Can anyone direct me to any tutorials/articles that may help me accomplish this operation? TNX

Are you looking for ADB? Android Debug Bridge - it's available for Linux. It's used to reset and flash new OSes, as far as I know. (Not a whole lot of Android conversation goes on here.)

You should really be asking any questions on XDA forums. They are Android-focused. Despite this site's name, linux[dot]org, the focus her is not really Linux (the kernel), but GNU Linux (GNU OS, Linux kernel). It was probable named linux[dot]org since most people call GNU-Linux, Lignux, liGNUx, etc., "Linux". Much like Xerox and Google, it has lost its meaning and become a generic term. There is and SBC section of these forums and most SBC enthusiasts have some Android knowledge, and/or smartphone/smartdevice knowledge:

Are you looking for ADB? Android Debug Bridge - it's available for Linux. It's used to reset and flash new OSes, as far as I know. (Not a whole lot of Android conversation goes on here.)

Would you agree with Fanboi's assessment?

Would you agree with Fanboi's assessment?

That there are better places to ask? Absolutely. We don't really have that many people who play with Android and the likes over here. We're mostly Linux desktop and server people.

Members online

Latest posts