Linus told someone that they should have been aborted.....?

Huh..... I forgot about that part in the Video..... I can see what Linus is saying, but..... WE seem to understand eachother JUST FINE..... I'm always aware of the possibilty that I might have misinterpreted what he said, as Autism makes interpreting things odd..... But..... Plain and simple, I didn't like what was said..... Maybe I'm just old-fashioned...... :\

Hi all,

@blackneos940 original post
you know... very frequently people who push the world have a terrible behavior. I do not know whether it is the case with Linus or not, anyway, take the best they have to offer and just forget about the rest.

Thanks..... : D But doesn't TOS Today dislike Linux.....? :\ Well, there's more than just LINUX, all the same.....
Nah TOS unlike Spatry has an open mind to both and is a bit more balanced eg. if a Linux distro has good points he will say so if bad he will point them out and the same with whatever Windows version he is using.

Nah TOS unlike Spatry has an open mind to both and is a bit more balanced eg. if a Linux distro has good points he will say so if bad he will point them out and the same with whatever Windows version he is using.

I see....... :) But I've never known Spatry to dislike FreeBSD..... He just likes Linux more..... :D

Hi all,

@blackneos940 original post
you know... very frequently people who push the world have a terrible behavior. I do not know whether it is the case with Linus or not, anyway, take the best they have to offer and just forget about the rest.

I know..... If I left Linux just because of that, I'd be pretty foolish..... : D As I said earlier though, he seems to show regret..... He seems like a great guy..... Maybe he just has his moments.....? Maybe he's a Troll.....? :\ Who knows...... Anywho..... BACK TO LEARNIN' C!!..... :D

very frequently people who push the world have a terrible behavior. I do not know whether it is the case with Linus or not
It is. Even your wifi router may be running Linux.

I know..... If I left Linux just because of that, I'd be pretty foolish..... : D As I said earlier though, he seems to show regret..... He seems like a great guy..... Maybe he just has his moments.....? Maybe he's a Troll.....? :\ Who knows...... Anywho..... BACK TO LEARNIN' C!!..... :D

He seems to regret some stuff he isn't very specific about. He keeps swearing though.

It's still abrasive to tell someone that, in effect, they should have been denied the chance to LIVE..... I've met other Liberals (I'm a Conservative myself), who would find that insult APPALLING..... Yes, honesty IS a good thing: That's what even made me LIKE him so much in the first place..... But insulting Developers with the things he's said isn't very productive, and it sure as HECK isn't going to bode well for Linux in the long run..... I've heard some people say that it's because he's from a different Culture..... That only goes so far.... Besides, the whole WORLD is using Linux now, not just some people in Helsinki..... As for Richard Stallman, he made a comment about Emacs Virgins: "And we also have the cult of the virgin of Emacs. The virgin of Emacs is any female who has not yet learned how to use Emacs. And in the church of Emacs we believe that taking her Emacs virginity away is a blessed act." This may be misinterpreted on my part..... Nonetheless, if it comes down to it, I've gotten to a point in my life, after being called so many names for being me (which I would NEVER change), and lately, if someone's being abrasive, I just call them out on it..... Plain and simple. I don't expect Linus, or ANY of you or myself, to be perfect..... But Linus needs to be more kind..... He seems as such when he isn't tearing apart the Devs..... People DO benefit, but unkindness is unkindness, whether you mop floors at a business, or work on a Kernel for the whole World.....
I am a "liberal" (american semantics on this expression is so paradoxical) and I sure can tell that the real aggressive attitude (in a more practical explosive way) is not on my side of things.

Anyway, as to productivity, you know Linus created GIT, right? You know Linux is a very successful world-wide project thanks to every developer related and specially their main manager, Linus, don't you? You may also know it has grown immensely just along with the growth of the internet.

Linus sure could be more polite, but I believe his genius has actually had a bigger role in boosting the presence of Linux in our lives than the other way around.

In regard to that Stallman's quote, apart from slight misogyny that can be countered by the unfortunate fact there's few women in the IT world (otherwise the "joke" would be less fortunate), I don't see much trouble in that.

Last edited:
It is. Even your wifi router may be running Linux.

He seems to regret some stuff he isn't very specific about. He keeps swearing though.

I am a "liberal" (american semantics on this expression is so paradoxical) and I sure can tell that the real aggressive attitude (in a more practical explosive way) is not on my side of things.

Anyway, as to productivity, you know Linus created GIT, right? You know Linux is a very successful world-wide project thanks to every developer related and specially their main manager, Linus, don't you? You may also know it has grown immensely just along with the growth of the internet.

Linus sure could be more polite, but I believe his genius has actually had a bigger role in boosting the presence of Linux in our lives than the other way around.

In regard to that Stallman's quote, apart from slight misogyny that can be countered by the unfortunate fact there's few women in the IT world (otherwise the "joke" would be less fortunate), I don't see much trouble in that.

I know all of that..... I don't discredit what he's done..... I don't believe I've heard that he created GIT, perhaps..... All the same, my point remains..... And on the topic of Politics, those Smear Ads lately are getting on my nerves..... It all boils down to childish name calling, does it not.....? :( I can see why you might not be bothered by that joke of his, but still.......

True he is open to freebsd and opensource. He just doesn't really like windows.
Ha..... :D Not much of us here DO..... ;D I mean, it's DECENT, but..... :\ Also, it turns out that on my Surface RT, EVERYTHING I do is recorded..... o_O MUST..... GET..... FEDORA ON ARM INSTALLED!!..... D:<

Members online