Limited: Come get a free copy of the Beyond Mankind game!

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
FOR THE FIRST THREE TO SPECIFICALLY SAY THEY WANT A COPY. (Like, "I'd like a copy of the game.")
DO NOT ASK FOR A COPY IF YOU WILL NOT PLAY THE GAME. (Leave it for someone else if you're really not going to play.)

We're giving away three (3) codes for the Beyond Mankind video game!

First, the original thread is located here: https://www.linux.org/threads/we-re...kind-and-oldschool-indie-arpg-on-linux.39191/

It turns out that the developers were actually cool with the idea of handing out a few codes for free copies of the game!

Beyond Mankind is a postapocalyptic ARPG with some survival elements, but it’s focused on the narrative and it pitches the player against some moral dilemmas and tough decisions. We're big fans of sciencie-fiction, so the game is set in the future, more specifically in the year 2121, and follows the story of a soldier (your character) that’s part of an elite military unit that’s trying to recover Earth for humankind.

See the trailer here:

A message from H.O.P.E.:

We’re reaching out to you because you have just been awoken to fight for Earth. It’s the year 2121. If you’re feeling lost and don’t remember joining us, that is because you’ve been created in the Techno-Womb and we have implanted memories of the old Earth in your head.

Be ready for all kinds of situations. You’ll fight many different creatures, you’ll build relationships with your comrades, you’ll explore all kinds of locations, you’ll have to make tough decisions, you’ll need to monitor your physical and psychological state and you’ll have to make sure you manage your resources wisely. You’ll also have to think deeply about which of your abilities you want to prioritize.

You can check the full details of the Beyond Mankind mission on our Steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1301590/Beyond_Mankind_The_Awakeni ng/

If you have what it takes, claim your Beyond Mankind KEY on Steam for Linux to start fighting with us!

Additional links (our social media):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrytenwaldaTeam
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brytenwaldastudios/

This is not a competition, other than being one of the first three to say that they want a copy of the game.

If you do 'win' a copy, please consider reviewing the game on Steam and/or elsewhere. If you get a copy of the game, please be sure to report any bugs to the respective parties. Don't just leave a review here, actually put the effort in to go review the site elsewhere.

A special thank you goes to @Jutsun for setting all this up for us. We all appreciate it, and we all appreciate people making native Linux games as it broadens the appeal of our beloved Linux operating systems.

Addendum: As far as I can tell, this is the first time we've done anything like this here on Linux.org. So, let's keep it civil and just ignore the thread if you've got nothing positive (or at least constructive) to add. Let's also be mature about this. Yes, it's for the first three that respond and it happened during this time zone because I was the one who took the initiative and I'm not gonna stay up all night to open this thread and do it during a different time zone! If it goes well, we might attract other people with similar circumstances. No, you can't win twice as you don't need two codes. It'd be cool if the people asking for codes actually were forum members in good standing - meaning active members.

So, honestly review the game and don't ask for a copy if you're not actually interested in playing the game. Thanks!

While the reviews are one thing, I still want to try it out for myself sometime. As I had mentioned to @Jutsun, it'd be nice to have the option of playing a physical copy if available (and yes, I'm aware that comes at the cost of hiring people to make and distribute them). If someone else wants to play it on Steam, more power to them.

I was just getting ready to check out for the night.

Give me a second and I'll PM you a code. Please consider reviewing the game on Steam or where ever. I don't actually game so that part is kinda a mystery to me, but a review elsewhere is probably ideal.

By the way, if another mod/admin fills one of these before me, I'm working from the top down. So, the first key has been given out. Top down just made sense!

After doing some research, I'll amend my previous statements about me not liking it being digital-only. Because I can grab it from Steam using Lutris, that (potentially) seems like the best option to play it.

Reminder:

We still have a couple of keys to give away.

I'd like a copy of the game.
After doing some research, I'll amend my previous statements about me not liking it being digital-only. Because I can grab it from Steam using Lutris, that (potentially) seems like the best option to play it.
Also is the reason for you wanting to use lutris for easy access to all your games in one place? Also if so would you recommend it?

Check your private messages in a few minutes.

For the record, there's still one more copy to give away!

Don't be bashful, it's perfectly free and a gift from the authors of the game.

Also is the reason for you wanting to use lutris for easy access to all your games in one place? Also if so would you recommend it?

I decided to use Lutris because I can get games from Steam (among other places), and not have to deal with the platform tying my hands behind my back when they use DRM. I haven't used Lutris yet, but I'll look into trying it soon.

Reminder...

We have one last key.

We have far less interest in gaming than I estimated. LOL

@unprepar3D

I dunno if that is fast enough. I can give you the remaining key and you can test (assuming your GPU is at least close enough to play games).

It should be faster than the "Radeon HD 7800-series" stated as minimal system requirements. There are worse cards out there, play PUBG on low with 60-100fps nearly every day. I could just download it next week because of a provider change.

Is that a yes that you do want the key? Just to be clear...

I think my gtx 560 can run it but I have been waiting to do a full test as steam cloud is not working so well with the game and I don't want to lose my progress but when I get home I will probably turn off cloud save for the game and test it. (From my knowledge the rx 570 can out preform the gtx 560 so if that works it should run)

I think my gtx 560 can run it but I have been waiting to do a full test as steam cloud is not working so well with the game and I don't want to lose my progress but when I get home I will probably turn off cloud save for the game and test it. (From my knowledge the rx 570 can out preform the gtx 560 so if that works it should run)
For some more info I am running the gtx 560 on a windows machine and am using msi afterburner to oc it.

Members online