Lightweight Linux distribution?

n3em3o

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone, I'm a primary school student. I love Linux very much. I don't know if you have any lighter Linux distribution. If there is one, I will be grateful!

G'day n3em300000o, ...Welcome to linux.org

What do you want to put Linux on....pc, laptop, tablet ?....do you know any of the specs of that ?...ram, cpu, etc etc....name and model would also help

One of the better light Linux is Linuxlite !!

HERE

G'day n3em300000o, ...Welcome to linux.org

What do you want to put Linux on....pc, laptop, tablet ?....do you know any of the specs of that ?...ram, cpu, etc etc....name and model would also help

One of the better light Linux is Linuxlite !!

HERE
Yes, I have a raspberry pie, but I want to install Linux on my laptop and desktop, both of which are Intel's cups. I want to install Ubuntu, but because of its large installation package, I want to install the Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. Do you have any recommendations?

Yes, I have a raspberry pie, but I want to install Linux on my laptop and desktop, both of which are Intel's cups. I want to install Ubuntu, but because of its large installation package, I want to install the Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. Do you have any recommendations?

Linuxlite looks like its only 64 bit (i may be wrong) and you don't say the architecture for your Desktop and laptop . 32 bit will run on 64 bit PC but not 64 bit on 32

unname -m
from terminal
if you select say 4-5 candidates and download their iso's you can put just about all (intact iso , as you downloaded them ) onto one 16 gig stick using Ventoy and choose to boot each in turn from ventoy splash screen

Can't give you a recommendation without knowing what hardware your laptop and your desktop have. I also have a Raspberry Pi, and while it's a really unexpectedly nice piece of equipment it is a completely different platform, so it's not going work well to compare that to a laptop or desktop,

So some specs on the laptop and desktop will help us to help you.

Can't give you a recommendation without knowing what hardware your laptop and your desktop have. I also have a Raspberry Pi, and while it's a really unexpectedly nice piece of equipment it is a completely different platform, so it's not going work well to compare that to a laptop or desktop,

So some specs on the laptop and desktop will help us to help you.
YES , I know it's ARM 's CPU

YES , I know it's ARM 's CPU
O.K., just asking the question again, as it hasn't been answered. There are a lot of Intel CPUs, with a variety of capabilities. The Core Duo on my Toshiba laptop and the 9th gen i5 on my desktop unit are both Intel, and they are extremely different from each other.

Members online