Lenovo X1 Carbon issue.

TNFrank

Reaction score
Credits
Picked up a Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 1 a few months back and installed a new battery in it along with another 4GB of Ram. It was working well but I let it sit for a while and now that the battery is charged back up it won't run on battery power, only when Plugged in. I tried doing a reset, unplugged the battery and plugged it back in still, it won't run on the battery even though it's fully charged. Any ideas of how to fix it? Thanks.

Congrats, I also have Carbon X1. It's my favorite laptop.
I know you just bought this battery, but it sounds like a bad battery.

If you are handy with tools, you can try this.

*NOTE* - Unplug everything first!!! * *

Take the battery out, and with a small flat blade screwdriver,
try bending the battery contacts out. Be very careful, do not bend them too far.
It only takes about 1/32 of an inch in most cases.

Put the battery back in and test. If you have a "multitester" you can check the output
voltage and amps on the battery.

The funny thing is that the battery shows up and shows 100% and in good health. I removed the battery along with the CMOS battery to try and reset the system but to no avail. It was working fine with the new battery until I let it set unused for a couple months.
I don't use it all that much but would like it to work properly. Thanks for the reply, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Write to Lenovo support, explain the problem and they will send you new laptop. :) Many users do not know this, that they can contact support and they send new laptop. It also a little bit depends from support staff too, but in most cases they are friendly people.

Well, on a hunch I put the old battery back in and it works. Seems like I got a bad replacement battery.

Thanks for keeping us posted, @TNFrank :)

Hope it works out for you.

Enjoy your Linux

Wizard