LENOVO Winbook 100e running windows 10,

Ok, we'll think about the video later. I have another idea. Let's try what may be a simpler way.

Reboot on the USB again. When you get the screen with "Try or Install Zorin OS".... use your down arrow key to the 2nd selection "Try or Install Zorin OS (safe graphics)".... arrow down to highlight it, then hit Enter to boot on that choice.

ok, after going to zorin forums from the zorin os website, and then googling once more, I am getting "fix grub repair" suggestions and nothing else...

Ok, we'll think about the video later. I have another idea. Let's try what may be a simpler way.

Reboot on the USB again. When you get the screen with "Try or Install Zorin OS".... use your down arrow key to the 2nd selection "Try or Install Zorin OS (safe graphics)".... arrow down to highlight it, then hit Enter to boot on that choice.
ok, I'm at the try/install screen

Arrow down quickly or it will start at the first selection... there is only about a 10 second delay usually. You want the 2nd choice... with safe graphics.

the next install screen.... how can I install it if I don't have a hard drive?

Did you get the 2nd choice? Or did it start before you got it?

Don't install. Can't install, as you said. This part of the process does not offer you to install, I don't think. It will just load files and boot into the desktop. Maybe more orange, than pink, if that's better.

Don't install. Can't install, as you said. This part of the process does not offer you to install, I don't think. It will just load files and boot into the desktop. Maybe more orange, than pink, if that's better.
LMAO, pink is fine. I'm just messing with you. Although, I never wore pink a day in my life until my mother passed away 4 years ago.

Wowza! Congratulations! And welcome to the world of Linux!

It gets easier... I'm sorry you've had such a difficult start with this. Your Windows 10 is pretty hosed up.

You are running in "live mode".... the USB will not save any changes. Do you have a wireless network? And you know the password for it?

Wowza! Congratulations! And welcome to the world of Linux!

It gets easier... I'm sorry you've had such a difficult start with this. Your Windows 10 is pretty hosed up.
yeah, it tis, it tis... Hopefully, before too long, I will get rid of microsoft... Im sick of paying them to be able to use my own computer any way

You are running in "live mode".... the USB will not save any changes. Do you have a wireless network? And you know the password for it?
yeah, I have my own wi-fi and I should hope I know the password, lol. Sorry, just excited, and thankful, and really tired. But I just got this baby up and running, for now at least. I want to play with it for a minute.... so, what can I do? lol

Remember, this is temporary... it won't remember your wifi password. But you should see some icons in the lower right. Put your mouse over them (hover) and you should see one is your Network. Either left click, or right click, to see a list of wireless networks available (if its working). If you see yours, click on it and give it your password.

Remember, this is temporary... it won't remember your wifi password. But you should see some icons in the lower right. Put your mouse over them (hover) and you should see one is your Network. Either left click, or right click, to see a list of wireless networks available (if its working). If you see yours, click on it and give it your password.
i don't see the network icon.. can I get to it through the "start" menu?

Not as easily. If it's not there, it may not be working. Check all the icons there. Zorin (and Ubuntu and Mint) are all pretty good to find your network device.

Members online