LENOVO Winbook 100e running windows 10,

I have plenty of time this morning...
Okay, I'll follow along as needed. Get that thing up and running, and see how you go. I'll be around to help if you get stuck.

Let me check on what it can handle and what it's gonna cost. Again, thank you guys so much. I have more confidence in myself and feel so much better about all of this knowing that I have someone I can ask if I need help or just have questions.
You'll be fine. These first few steps are the hardest. And there are a lot of smarter people on here to help you... it's a shame you got stuck with me! LOL :eek:o_O;)

Okay, I'll follow along as needed. Get that thing up and running, and see how you go. I'll be around to help if you get stuck.
Should I get 4GB all together, or just 2GB, since I already have 2GB...I should only need 2GB more? it can hold up to 8GB, like y'all said, I don't wanna spend too much

RAM can be funny, and I can't predict any/all situations. I think that I would buy one 4 GB module if you want to save money. That would give you 6 GB total.... but if there is a conflict, you could remove the 2 GB and still have a total of 4 GB. This is just hedging my advice a little... in case there could be a conflict between two modules of 2 GB that don't play well together.

Well, you have been awfully quiet today. I hope that is not a bad sign?

RAM can be funny, and I can't predict any/all situations. I think that I would buy one 4 GB module if you want to save money. That would give you 6 GB total.... but if there is a conflict, you could remove the 2 GB and still have a total of 4 GB. This is just hedging my advice a little... in case there could be a conflict between two modules of 2 GB that don't play well together.
I ended up having to just get 2x2GB of RAM... couldn't get a 4GB. but, regardless, I will have 4gigs in total, and there won't be a chance for them not to get along with each other, lol.
should be getting them in 2 days, so I'm just gonna try to focus on my schoolwork until then
Well, you have been awfully quiet today. I hope that is not a bad sign?
Not bad, lol. Just been running errands, ad doing some schoolwork. I'm in my last 2 weeks and its kicking my butt

Ah, okay, all is well. Since your computer maximum is 8 GB, I would think that would be 2x 4 GB. But no matter... buying a matching pair should give smooth sailing.

Don't slack off on your schoolwork. Priorities are important. (BEER FIRST. ALWAYS.)

Ah, okay, all is well. Since your computer maximum is 8 GB, I would think that would be 2x 4 GB. But no matter... buying a matching pair should give smooth sailing.

Don't slack off on your schoolwork. Priorities are important. (BEER FIRST. ALWAYS.)
No, not beer. Bourbon. Rum. Vodka. Wine. Then beer, lmao. Ok so I just booted from usb without the hard drive in, then put it in after the try zorin or install zorin screen was up. I hit install, and the only drive it recognized was the USB. Im rebooting now with both drives in...

Okay, let's see what happens. If the install doesn't seem to want to work, we can run some terminal commands, or a built in program in Zorin to examine the drive.

This may take about 20-30 minutes or so. Relax.

When it finishes, it will put up a banner saying that you need to restart. Tell it to "restart now"... and then watch for a message telling you to "remove the install media and hit enter". After that, it should reboot into the hard drive. But sometimes it hangs at that last step.... give it time, but if it hangs up, you'll have to press and hold the power button to force the computer to shut down, then power it back up.

Easier than making cookies! :)

This may take about 20-30 minutes or so. Relax.

When it finishes, it will put up a banner saying that you need to restart. Tell it to "restart now"... and then watch for a message telling you to "remove the install media and hit enter". After that, it should reboot into the hard drive. But sometimes it hangs at that last step.... give it time, but if it hangs up, you'll have to press and hold the power button to force the computer to shut down, then power it back up.

Easier than making cookies! :)
Nah, I gotta disagree with you on that... I'm the COOKIE MASTER. Lol

You know I am holding my breath on this one, don't you?

Wizards can go 147 minutes without drawing a breath, helps us when we are giving a lecture at Wizards School.

Cookies should be about done... er, I mean Zorin should be about installed.

But RAM and CPU could make it take longer. Be patient, Stan and Chris... let the young lady finish.

Or is the young lady off sipping the bourbon again? ;)

Oh, right. I'm the beer master! :)
Cookies should be about done... er, I mean Zorin should be about installed.

But RAM and CPU could make it take longer. Be patient, Stan and Chris... let the young lady finish.

Or is the young lady off sipping the bourbon again? ;)
Yes, young lady was off gulping the bourbon, again, lmao... it's still running like it does when I boot up with the USB. Ima just let it run, and check it in the a.m. this Ole girl is tired, and a wee bit lit. It is, after all, St. Patty's day. Happy one to all y'all. And g'nite.

Members online