Lenovo Flex 6-14 14ARR Ryzen 3 2200U 16 GB Ram 128 SSD M.2 2242 problem chosing distro to install

amrivas

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I just bought this 2 in 1 laptop, it came with windows 10 home -S (that is garbage) so I created a restore USB and deleted the entire ssd. Now, I am trying to install a distro, I have been working with Mint for a while and before that, I had elementaryOS and waaaay back in the day I had Suse and Gentoo (early 2000s?)

Anyhow, I will soon replace the ssd for a 512 GB but in the mean time I would like to use it, so far of the distros that I have tried (ubuntu 18.04 lts, elemntary OS 5 and the one that I had some success at least booting Mint 19.1) none have been installed correctly.

I have the last BIOS updated for the laptop so there's that (just in case someone ask), I configured secure boot as disable and boot in legacy and legacy first.

With mint 19.1 I have been able to boot in recovery mode, load WiFi driver and update Mint, as long as I don't update the kernel some updates work another ones the packages are broken.

Right now I am not at home so I can not upload any info from it, as far as I have read, is that on installation, the trackpad, video and wifi doesnt work, also something weird happens, when I turn off the laptop or reboot, after doing so it freezes when starting up (it does the shoot down or reboot but it freezes when loading) so I have to hard shutdown (power button) and then turn it on and it starts to load.

I have done this so far...

Download and install rtl882ce driver, then do "echo "blacklist ideapad_laptop" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/ideapad.conf" to enable the WiFi, all of this while in compatibility mode.

I started just yesterday sooo the only update on the kernel that I tried was kernel 5.0 with ukuu, but after reboot it loaded normally then it froze. Should I try another way? maybe I am missing libraries

Any suggestion to try another distro will be appreciated or any tweak you recommend I will do so. Like its a new install I can do whatever on it. I can provide feedback on it late evening (I am on CST like Illinois)

Gracias for reading.

Members online