Learning linux for devops-Recommend some courses.

balenshah

Reaction score
Credits
I prefer videos to learn. Can you recommend some please. This is the job description "knowledgeable about Linux systems and has experience with shell scripting, Linux setup, and other related topics." That's all. Another job tells me I need to learn linux for the job that's all, it's like a devops role.

the subscription priced around 180$ is expensive for me as I am not employed atm. Wish the monthly subscription was 15$ per month...I'd use it for few months in that case. Looks great though.

yeah those 10$ udemy courses are lifesaver for third world folks(if they're good).

I prefer videos to learn. Can you recommend some please. This is the job description "knowledgeable about Linux systems and has experience with shell scripting, Linux setup, and other related topics." That's all. Another job tells me I need to learn linux for the job that's all, it's like a devops role.
Sounds like you don't have any IT experience, you don't learn from watching videos you learn from hands on experience in the IT field and if that isn't an option for you then you can learn by doing labs and trying out to setup the stuff you want to learn yourself. Being able to learn independtly in the IT field is a valuable skill to have.
the subscription priced around 180$ is expensive for me as I am not employed atm. Wish the monthly subscription was 15$ per month...I'd use it for few months in that case. Looks great though.
Investing in learning to get a better job and future is an investment in yourself, only all you can eat restaurants are cheap. You could also do it the other way around, find an employer in the IT field(even if it's not your dream job, what counts is that it will give you IT experience) that pays you enough for being able to cover your life/living expenses and allows you to put some money on the side a month. Then get them to pay for whatever training you want to do, good employers also invest in their employees that would save you from having to pay for it yourself. Also $2160 a year (12x $180) is pocket change for most companies that want to invest into their employers, my employer paid for all of my training courses I took since I have worked there.

Last edited:
Wish the monthly subscription was 15$ per month...

According to Google, it is about $5 a month for the linked site.

Google could be wrong, I suppose.

Whether you learn from videos or from any other source, you will also need a computer to practice what you learn, work on skill building, etc. Do you have access to a computer that will run Linux?

Whether you learn from videos or from any other source, you will also need a computer to practice what you learn, work on skill building, etc. Do you have access to a computer that will run Linux?
yes i've it fortunately.

Ok. I got lucky and got a job. So money isn't a problem now. Any courses recommendation for devops as a whole except kodekloud? (kodekloud is good as well).

Last edited:
What are you looking for specifically? DevOps is just a way of working / mindset, etc... There are so many different technologies and job requirements within DevOps realm, its hard to just provide information for DevOps only. If you just want to understand DevOps principles, go on YouTube, you will find a lot of videos for free.

Outside of just DevOps, start with Linux and work your way up.

What are you looking for specifically? DevOps is just a way of working / mindset, etc... There are so many different technologies and job requirements within DevOps realm, its hard to just provide information for DevOps only. If you just want to understand DevOps principles, go on YouTube, you will find a lot of videos for free.

Outside of just DevOps, start with Linux and work your way up.
I asked, they told me to learn linux, sql, kubernetes at first.

My personal opinion is that for any DevOps training, KodeKloud is the best. But each person has their preference. I like KodeKloud because it has a free platform called KodeKloud Engineer which is basically a hands on lab training to learn various DevOps tools.

Staff online