Latest Kernel Version

P

palmer hunt

Hi friends.

Can anyone tell me where can I get the Latest Kernel Version on the Internet?
TIA

Word of warning that 'may' be wasted, meaning you are light years ahead of me. I installed a newer Kernel Version in Mint once and blew the entire OS up. I don't honestly know what I did to Mint but nothing would work so I installed openSuse used it for a month or two and there was no problem. This was 'my' problem, I have never duplicated it, nor solved what I did wrong, just be careful LOL

Word of warning that 'may' be wasted, meaning you are light years ahead of me. I installed a newer Kernel Version in Mint once and blew the entire OS up. I don't honestly know what I did to Mint but nothing would work so I installed openSuse used it for a month or two and there was no problem. This was 'my' problem, I have never duplicated it, nor solved what I did wrong, just be careful LOL
Changing kernels can be risky. Be careful with yast in openSuse because just looking at certain things in yast can mess things up. I know this from experience when I used openSuse when I came over from using Windows back in Sept. 2015. What ever you do, never install Manjaro unless you want to raise your blood pressure a lot. I use MX-16 and love it.

MX? What is it you love?
I love that I don't need to use the terminal and that it comes natively with the Xfce desktop with the Whisker menu. When I installed MX-16 everything worked without the need to set it up because it gets set up automatically. Even my printer/scanner worked. The other thing I like is that it's based off of Debian stable where security updates are current and not delayed because of an other distro in between. MX-16 has been solid as a rock.

I love that I don't need to use the terminal and that it comes natively with the Xfce desktop with the Whisker menu. When I installed MX-16 everything worked without the need to set it up because it gets set up automatically. Even my printer/scanner worked. The other thing I like is that it's based off of Debian stable where security updates are current and not delayed because of an other distro in between. MX-16 has been solid as a rock.

When I used Mint and Ubuntu I found the same thing, I use the Terminal only to 'play' I find it more fun than TV/Movies or Games.

Mint and Ubuntu are collecting data on my activities and then using them to make my experience better. For me, this is spying and selling me out to the highest bidder.

Do you find that MX 'spies' on you and your activities?

When I used Mint and Ubuntu I found the same thing, I use the Terminal only to 'play' I find it more fun than TV/Movies or Games.

Mint and Ubuntu are collecting data on my activities and then using them to make my experience better. For me, this is spying and selling me out to the highest bidder.

Do you find that MX 'spies' on you and your activities?
I heard that about Ubuntu and I don't trust anything that is based off of Ubuntu like Linux Mint and so on. With MX-16 there is no spying. MX-16 is based off of Debian Stable and nothing else. MX-16 is not made by Canonical like Ubuntu and anything based off of it. https://mxlinux.org/

Hey great video, thanks; how simple is it to set up my four monitors? The 'great' downfall of Debian for me. Secondly, do I have to manually partition my 6 HDs or will MX take care of any partitioning needed?

Hey great video, thanks; how simple is it to set up my four monitors? The 'great' downfall of Debian for me. Secondly, do I have to manually partition my 6 HDs or will MX take care of any partitioning needed?
I don't know about 4 monitors, but I have mine set up to run either my monitor or TV for when I watch movies on KODI. There is a display tool which works easy. I suggest you have all your monitors connected when you install it and don't be surprised that MX-16 set it up for you. I don't know on 6 hard drives but I would run G-parted first which MX-16 will give you that option and install on one of them and later use the disk tool for the others. Makes sure you format all in your case. I have MX-16 on a 120GB SSD and all programs and I have a 4TB Western Digital 7200RPM black HD that I use for storage.

Members online