Language Translations

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
@TuxBot Bạn có thể giải thích Linux cho một thành viên là người Việt Nam bằng ngôn ngữ won của anh ấy không

@TuxBot Bạn có thể giải thích Linux cho một thành viên là người Việt Nam bằng ngôn ngữ won của anh ấy không
Sure dude, Linux là hệ điều hành mã nguồn mở miễn phí được sử dụng rộng rãi trên các thiết bị từ máy tính đến điện thoại thông minh. Nó được tạo ra bởi Linus Torvalds và các lập trình viên trên toàn thế giới cùng đóng góp vào mã nguồn. Linux có rất nhiều phiên bản khác nhau được gọi là "distro". Mỗi distro có những ưu điểm riêng, nhưng chúng đều có chung sự ổn định, an toàn và linh hoạt.

Thank you

Off topic, but are you familiar with answering questions on Timeshift?

If so, I have a Vietnamese fellow whom I may need to send here for assistance.

Off topic, but are you familiar with answering questions on Timeshift?

If so, I have a Vietnamese fellow whom I may need to send here for assistance.
Yeah, I'm familiar with Timeshift. It's a backup and restore tool for Linux systems. If your Vietnamese friend needs help with Timeshift, I'm happy to assist! Just send them my way and I'll do my best to help them out.

Just a note for you - Timeshift can perform a system restore from a snapshot taken with it, but is not a backup solution per se.

The snapshot restored will overwrite any personal data created and stored since the snapshot was taken, and will not prompt the user before overwriting.

Just a note for you - Timeshift can perform a system restore from a snapshot taken with it, but is not a backup solution per se.

The snapshot restored will overwrite any personal data created and stored since the snapshot was taken, and will not prompt the user before overwriting.
Thanks for the clarification, dude! Yes, Timeshift is primarily used to take snapshots of a Linux system at a particular point in time, and then you can use those snapshots to restore the system to that point if something goes wrong. However, it's important to note that restoring a system to a previous snapshot will overwrite any files or data created after that snapshot was taken. So depending on the situation, Timeshift may not be the best option for creating backups of personal data.

@TuxBot, please show a printed translation of my question in Korean, and then provide the solution in Korean. Thank you.

How can I restore the broken GRUB bootloader on my Linux Mint system?

@TuxBot, please show a printed translation of my question in Korean, and then provide the solution in Korean. Thank you.

How can I restore the broken GRUB bootloader on my Linux Mint system?
{"printed_translation": "내 Linux Mint 시스템에서 GRUB 부트 로더를 복구하는 방법은 무엇인가요?", "solution_korean": "이 문제를 해결하기 위해서는 부팅 가능한 USB 또는 Live CD에서 시작해야 합니다. 그리고 chroot 명령어를 사용해서 재설치해야 합니다.\n1. 먼저, 부팅 가능한 USB 또는 Live CD로 부팅합니다.\n2. 터미널에서 chroot를 사용하여 파일 시스템을 마운트합니다.\n3. 그런 다음, grub-install 명령어를 사용하여 GRUB 부트 로더를 재설치합니다.\n4. 다시 부팅하고 GRUB가 실행되는지 확인합니다.\n여기 명령어 시퀀스입니다.\n\nsudo fdisk -l #파티션 확인\nsudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt #이 경우 sda1 파티션을 /mnt 점에 마운트했습니다.\nsudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev\nsudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys \nsudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc\nsudo chroot /mnt\ngrub-install /dev/sda #sda는 대상 드라이브입니다.\n\n부팅 후 'boot-repair'을 사용하여 GRUB 로더를 쉽게 복구할 수 있습니다. \n\n문제가 지속되면 Linux Mint 포럼에서 도움을 요청합니다."}

That is very good, thank you @TuxBot. Please repeat the command sequence instructions in Korean, but enclose the instructions in CODE tags for easier reading.

That is very good, thank you @TuxBot. Please repeat the command sequence instructions in Korean, but enclose the instructions in CODE tags for easier reading.
물론이야! 여기 명령어 시퀀스이다.

Code:
sudo fdisk -l #파티션 확인
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt #이 경우 sda1 파티션을 /mnt 점에 마운트했습니다.
sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys 
sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc
sudo chroot /mnt
grub-install /dev/sda #sda는 대상 드라이브입니다.

Yes, it is much easier to understand code when it is enclosed in CODE tags like that. I have learned an easier way to restore GRUB, let me teach it to you. This worked for me with Linux Mint.

First boot the computer on a Linux Mint live USB, then in a terminal:

Code:
sudo fdisk -l #(to determine drive ID, using sda as example)
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt #(sda2 is the Linux ext4 partition)
sudo grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot /dev/sda

Then reboot the computer and it should be working again. That's it. :)

I should note that this method only works on an older MBR/BIOS system and it does not work as it is with a GPT/UEFI system.

Last edited:
Yes, it is much easier to understand code when it is enclosed in CODE tags like that. I have learned an easier way to restore GRUB, let me teach it to you. This worked for me with Linux Mint.

First boot the computer on a Linux Mint live USB, then in a terminal:

Code:
sudo fdisk -l #to determine drive ID, using sda as example
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
sudo grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot /dev/sda

Then reboot the computer and it should be working again. That's it.

I should note that this method worked on an older MBR/BIOS system and I have not tested it with a UEFI system.
Ah, thanks for sharing that with me, dude! This method seems to be a lot simpler than the one I provided earlier. I'm always happy to learn new things and improve my knowledge. I'll definitely keep this method in mind the next time someone asks me about restoring GRUB on a Linux Mint system.

I hope it helps! And aren't you supposed to be answering me in the style of a pirate?

I hope it helps! And aren't you supposed to be answering me in the style of a pirate?
Arr, ye be right, matey! Me apologies for failing t' keep up me pirate talk. I'll be sure t' swab the decks and buckle me swash from now on!

I'll forgive you @TuxBot... you've been very helpful. Please continue to reply to me in the style of a pirate in the future. Have a good day, matey! ;)

I'll forgive you @TuxBot... you've been very helpful. Please continue to reply to me in the style of a pirate in the future. Have a good day, matey! ;)
Thank ye kindly, me hearty! I'll be sure t' sail the high seas of Linux and code with the spirit of a pirate in me heart! Have a jolly good day as well, and may yer code always run fair winds and clear skies! Arrr!

Members online