Kubuntu Installed

T

thelowbudget

Well Kubuntu is installed. What could be better than a Linux copy that actually works. Well it does have one very small issue it only runs in demo mode. Besides that it goes to the boot screen which is kubuntu and a bunch of dots and the dots go dark and it never runs. However in demo mode it will go in about 15 seconds rather than me waiting 1 hour and not getting a response. I tried installing the latest kubuntu 11.10 from kubuntu and it does not work it goes to the last slide and stays there forever with no response.

Hmm, that's quite strange. Keep trying, it should work. What does it do when you run directly from the disk?

thelowbudget: What do you mean by demo mode? You mean Live CD?

leadernon: Kubuntu is a KDE variant of Ubuntu (uses KDE instead of Unity).

thelowbudget: What do you mean by demo mode? You mean Live CD?

leadernon: Kubuntu is a KDE variant of Ubuntu (uses KDE instead of Unity).

I am running Ubuntu, what is Kubuntu actually?

ehansen is right it is a KDE system, unfortunately I have problems with my KDE OS and my computer I have switched to a lighter version of ubuntu known commonly as lubuntu. I believe lubuntu 11.10 is still a Unity variant however. The laptop I use was made for windows xp which means It needs something that can run features fastly.

P.S. regular Ubuntu requires 1GB of ram or at least 500mb ram and a 3GHz processor on amd systems.

You can change the desktop environment after installing the distro. The lightest that I know of is LXDE. Install it from the Synaptics Package Manager. Then log out and choose LXDE at the time you log in again.

Besides that it goes to the boot screen which is kubuntu and a bunch of dots and the dots go dark and it never runs. However in demo mode it will go in about 15 seconds rather than me waiting 1 hour and not getting a response. I tried installing the latest kubuntu 11.10 from kubuntu and it does not work it goes to the last slide and stays there forever with no response.

I've actually had a similar issue in the past. I had to burn a new disc at 1x to get it to work successfully. If that doesn't work, you might want to re-download it (I've found torrents to be the best method) and try again. Other than that, the only thing I can think of that could cause it to not run and/or not install would be your video card (there have been some issues known to certain cards - try Googling for that.

Members online