keyboard not working in grub

Shmu26

Reaction score
Credits
I installed Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, I am using grub as it came without modifications, and I have trouble with my keyboard.
It is a USB connected Razer Blackwidow Elite.
The DEL key works at the first boot screen, so I can get into my ASUS firmware, and there the keyboard works as expected.
But when Grub comes up, the keyboard arrows don't work. I tried also on the number pad, and I tried toggling the NUM LK key too, but I just can't get those arrows to work.
This makes it pretty hard to boot into anything other than the default option in Grub.
Is there a Grub alternative that will work for me?
Or is there an easy way to solve this issue?

G'day Shmu :) - I have to head off for my Aussie evening soon, but I'll ask a couple of quick questions you could answer for any Helpers who pass through over my night.

1. Is it only in the Grub Menu that the issue occurs, or at the Desktop session as awell?
This makes it pretty hard to boot into anything other than the default option in Grub.

Is Ubuntu on the top of the menu choices and do you get into it OK?
3. What are the other choices on the Grub Menu, can you give us a phone pic?

Also if you haven't yet, I ran a brief search in Google

linux Razer Blackwidow Elite

and there appear to be a few references there that may be of value.

4. Have you looked at any of them yet?

Cheers

Wizard

Th
G'day Shmu :) - I have to head off for my Aussie evening soon, but I'll ask a couple of quick questions you could answer for any Helpers who pass through over my night.

1. Is it only in the Grub Menu that the issue occurs, or at the Desktop session as awell?

Is Ubuntu on the top of the menu choices and do you get into it OK?
3. What are the other choices on the Grub Menu, can you give us a phone pic?

Also if you haven't yet, I ran a brief search in Google

linux Razer Blackwidow Elite

and there appear to be a few references there that may be of value.

4. Have you looked at any of them yet?

Cheers

Wizard
Thanks for the helpful questions. I think I resolved the issue by plugging the keyboard into a different USB outlet. So far, so good. If the issue resurfaces I will have to investigate more thoroughly.

Members online

Latest posts