Keeping track of terminal commands

Vrai

Reaction score
Credits
I've been using Linux for a while now. Have installed many, many different distros on various machines.
During my Linux journey I have searched the internet a lot for answers and joined and participated in a large number of forums.
One thing I found challenging was remembering and/or keeping track of all the various Terminal commands which I found. I tried just creating text files but that became difficult to keep organized and unwieldy and oft times I did not have them handy on the machine I was working on. Then I tried using a pencil & notebook but found it rather impractical.
Then I discovered the Zim desktop wiki. An almost perfect solution for what I use it for. I am able to keep copious notes, keep them organized, and keep them handy! After installing Zim (which is available in the Software Manager) I moved the Zim folder to my Dropbox folder and told Zim where to find it. Viola! Now I can save commands and have them available and synchronized on all my machines. Very handy! :)
Example:

excellent submission, my friend - thanks for sharing :)

wizard

@Vrai

Thanks for that one. I'm going to give that a good workout and see if it does what I think I need ???
OG TC

Members online

Latest posts