Kali Linux After SetUp

E

enesdikme

Hello everyone :) this my first thread in this site and actually I did set up Kali the day before yesterday ; so I have almost no experience with the use of Linux . I know , Kali isn't a good start to learn using Linux properly but even so , I am just so curious about how the things work in this world :)

Maybe these are just the influences that the amazing articles have made upon me.Here's what I did all day while I was setting up Kali and after the installation there are lots that I can't figure out .

---I downloaded Kali Linux 1.0.4_ amd64.iso file then downloaded win32diskimager application from Kali Website and wrote the image with the mentioned app. to a USB Stick :)
---Then I restarted my laptop and booted from USB , Kali Sceen popped up and I chose Live and the hardest part (for me it was) was shrinking the SSD with ''Gparted'' to open some space for Kali .
---Well, I coped with Gparted and the last thing needed to do was installation.I rebooted and chose Graphical Install and completed the set up .

--- These were what I did .And the followings are some of my concerns ...
1. I've set up Kali on SSD , does Kali (Kernel Linux 3.7) support SSD's or at least is there anything I can do for best performance ?

2.I have an Optimus laptop which has an integrated Intel Gpu and also nVIDIA Gpu which I know there will be difficulties for me in future when I want to use nVIDA :(
Anyone who can try to give a hand will be much appreciated ...
Also I found this http://docs.kali.org/general-use/install-nvidia-drivers-on-kali-linux

3. I've heard about Pyrit(using GPU core power for processing calculations ) ; I had tried on Bactrack 5 r3 but it was a frustration ; now what I wonder is , if it's possible to use Pyrit ? :)

Actually there are lots of question marks in my mind but anyways I should thank you for reading my post :)
Have a great day ;)

1.type sudo su
2.apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)
3.download the NVIDIA driver
4.open a terminal>sudo su >/etc/init.d/gdm3 stop
5.go in location where is driver cd /folder_where_is_driver_download
6. sh NVIDIA-driver-blablabla.sh

7.First part of installation , uninstall the nouveau driver , restart and rerun the script , ignore the error with gcc compiler , just continue and install the Nvidia driver
8.After installation , restart

Well , I know you explained everthing in its best way , but there are some points that I might not succeed in doing alone .
And I should confirm and avoid my misunderstandings by asking the sentences .
4. I will open terminal and should I type these ''>'' , and above there was a ''$'' ; should I type ?
And forgive me I 'm so newbie, how can I download the nvidia driver and is it possible to use Pyrit after installing nvidia driver ?

4.open a terminal, type sudo su , login as root and type /etc/init.d/gdm3 stop

Every letter that you've typed appreciated ;) By the way , do you have any information about Pyrit ? (And will the nvida driver version be the latest version after I installed the nvidia driver like you said ?) -- Just curiousity :) :D

Just a heads up with Kali you need to watch what you add or some of its features wont work right. Kali and BackTrack were meant to be light weight.

i just installed kali linux recently on my windows 7 ibm thinkpad since then my system cannot startup. am very worried. can anyone here help me ?

Hi Im Having a problem with kali starting up it stops at this
[ 0.044815] Ignoring BGRT: invalid status O (expected 1)
Loading, Please wait...
fsck from util-linux 2.25.2
/dev/sda2: clean, 339996/19267584 files, 3250397/77069824
Thats all it will show on screen and it just stops

Members online

Latest posts