Kali-Linux 2020.1 on HP laptop wifi driver issue

CMC

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, i have a relatively new laptop barely being used and decided to completely wipe windows off it and install kali linux 2020.1 as the OS. Stright after doing so iv realised it dosent come with wifi drivers installed and can't find anything to help me get the wireless wifi up and going, of course ethernet works but I'd rather not constantly be plugging it in.

It's a HP laptop and after using $lspci |grep Network

Is says "network controller : realtek semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter"

If anyone is able to help me it would be much appreciated! Can't seem to get anything working off google or youtube.

Hello, i have a relatively new laptop barely being used and decided to completely wipe windows off it and install kali linux 2020.1 as the OS. Stright after doing so iv realised it dosent come with wifi drivers installed and can't find anything to help me get the wireless wifi up and going, of course ethernet works but I'd rather not constantly be plugging it in.

It's a HP laptop and after using $lspci |grep Network

Is says "network controller : realtek semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter"

If anyone is able to help me it would be much appreciated! Can't seem to get anything working off google or youtube.

Open a terminal and type
Code:
ip link
and post the output here, please. Avoid any information regarding your ip address and that, basically, you want to find the line that says STATE and whether it says it's up or down, that's the only info you should be shaing here; when answering just say if it's UP or DOWN.

1:lo <loopback, up, lower_up>
State UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default

2:eth0 <no-carrier,broadcast,multicast,up>
state DOWN mode default

Members online