Just signed up...

camtaf

Reaction score
Credits
I've been using Linux & sometimes the BSDs since 1999, & like to help on forums if I can - it's my way of 'giving back' to the community. :)

Welcome to the forums. You didn't pick a good time to start an introduction thread. It's Mother's Day in the U.S.A. Not a "deep" holliday but merchants insist.

I've been using Linux & sometimes the BSDs since 1999, & like to help on forums if I can - it's my way of 'giving back' to the community. :)
Hello @camtaf,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum. Good to have you here I'm sure you'll be of great help to some. Enjoy the journey! :)

Welcome to the forums,
like to help on forums if I can -
Not a problem, we all appreciate active members, If you spot something you can help with, Jump in,
please tel us a bit more about yourself? What kit are you using, what's your preferred distribution , & etc ?

G'day camtaf, Welcome to Linux.org

Your timing is ok....as the members filter back onto the site they will become aware of your presence....especially as you are obviously not afraid to post !...I had seen your name before I saw this thread.

OK, a bit more about me then....

My first experience with Linux was Zipslack, which was a version of Slackware using umsdos file system, which I ran from my DOS/Windows box.

After that, I installed RedHat 4.2, then 5.0, onto it, soon to be replaced by Debian 2.1 (Potato, I think).

Debian had been my main distro, & variations of it, until systemd - that was when I converted to Devuan, which is my regular distro now.

Regards equipment, I like to use small old computers plus old thin clients, which of course are ideal for Linux & BSD. ;)

Devuan/XFCE on my little MSI, & various others on my other boxen, which includes NomadBSD, NetBSD, Haiku, Tiny Core, Fatdog64, etc. With Porteus LXDE & XFCE are my latest to try out on my thin clients.

Some of my thin clients have just 1GB ram, some 2GB, but most are 4GB, as is my main desktop mini. Recently I have installed bigger monitors, a 24" HD HDMI/VGA as my main one, & a 21.5" HD DP/DVI/VGA as my secondary.

(Of course, I have lots of other bits & pieces to play around with, including RPi & smaller monitors.)

Edit: Just thought I'd better mention, I'm just a casual user, & that most of my equipment was bought pre used. ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

You now have 3 Aussies and a Kiwi welcoming you, so the Southern Hemisphere are happy to make your acquaintance.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

(also a Pom and 4 Yanks, lol)

Do not use the name of that awful baseball team on me! :O

Make that Pom, 3 northeners and one "lebaron".

You guys down south could call yourselves whatever you want, LOL.

You guys down south could call yourselves whatever you want, LOL.
We already have a name for those in the upside down under belly of this planet , they are Antipodeans

Thanks for the 'welcomes', folks. :)

As far as where we are from, it's OK by me, as long as we all speak an understandable version of English.....;)

Members online

Latest posts