Just need some input

Granny Sue

Reaction score
Credits
I tend to get on the computer, work for awhile and then go off and do something else, leaving all my windows and tabs open . But I realized after being on the forum for awhile, that if I saw a particular person was onsite, I would expect them to answer me within 5 minutes or so. But then I realized that perhaps the person wasn't 4eally onsite, perhaps they walked away, like I do. So what I want to know is: do you guys sign out all the time or do you click the hide button? Or do you just now worry about it?

I lock my computer when I'm away for a short period (taking a coffee...). This is a good habit to take especially when working in an office (Use the "windows"+L shortcut).
When I move away for a longer period I usually shut the machine down.

When it comes to login on websites, well I don't really care since I got all my cookies erased frequently. I also tend to close unused tabs. I hate having hundreds of them.

The only websites that I try to always logoff after using are the ones that a known to track their users. This is not my first defense line but its part of the global stategy.

I normally login and reply to any questions that my input may help someone and read some questions posed and the replies it attracts just to learn then stay logged in and go to other sites or look for information through Google search. Come back every so often and refresh the page to see if there are any red numbers near the bell and look to see what they are.
Logoff when I am exiting the net all together.

I don't worry about it. Way too many have become addicted to 'instant gratification'. If I'm on the computer, and need a bathroom break, or want to fix a snack, I just do it. I don't "expect them to answer me within 5 minutes or so", and if they expect that...life is full of lil disappointments. I seldom check email, so if someone writes to me, they may well likely have to wait just as long for a reply, as if it was snailmail. As I don't fool with Facebook or Twitter crapola, I'm not programmed for instant gratification, neither to expect it nor to supply it. I may be back here tomorrow, or not for many weeks. It takes as long as it takes.

I don't worry about it. Way too many have become addicted to 'instant gratification'. If I'm on the computer, and need a bathroom break, or want to fix a snack, I just do it. I don't "expect them to answer me within 5 minutes or so", and if they expect that...life is full of lil disappointments. I seldom check email, so if someone writes to me, they may well likely have to wait just as long for a reply, as if it was snailmail. As I don't fool with Facebook or Twitter crapola, I'm not programmed for instant gratification, neither to expect it nor to supply it. I may be back here tomorrow, or not for many weeks. It takes as long as it takes.
Thanks Cigna 3 3 3. I appreciate your candor oh, I also appreciate another person not being expected to answer back super quick..:)Lol

Well, not so sure it's candor, or my autistic crapola creeping up....there is a point where the two become indistinguishable...at least to me. Probably another reason why I don't worry about too much, as most tends to fly under my radar.

Members online

Latest posts