Just a salute.

Terokal

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, a green one here, couple maybe will remember me when I erase the O.S. and entered linux after a good funny and sometimes chaotic (was my fault) thread on BC.
Thanks to WizardfromOz for telling me about linux.org.
Hope this will be a good place to start learning more about linux if I have the strong will to READ & PRACTICE.
Been using Ubuntu 14.4 (trusty) Mate 1.8.2 for quite some time, and it has given no awful problems at all (those started when I upgraded to their last version).
The junk PC works fine, just a couple of issues I'm sure someone here will have the solution for, but that's it.
Feels great to be using linux, and surely it's fun to see my brother yelling and having big problems with his old lap using you know what O.S., waiting 5 minutes for it to start, and another 5 for his browser to open.
I'll show him this forum, and hope that he would make the great change ... someday.
Cheers to everyone.

Hey Bro' ... good to see you :). Terokal is like a musical brother to me across the Pacific.

I think you'll enjoy the atmosphere here - Staff for one are like a breath of fresh air.

Crikey - now I have my Three Amigos here - Condobloke, Rocky Bennett and now you ... does that make us the Four Musketeers?

Enjoy Linux - I do every day

Wizard

BTW - your brother will wise up one day. The best feeling about knocking your head against a brick wall ... is the wonderful feeling when you stop, lol

Hey Bro' ... good to see you :). Terokal is like a musical brother to me across the Pacific.

I think you'll enjoy the atmosphere here - Staff for one are like a breath of fresh air.

Crikey - now I have my Three Amigos here - Condobloke, Rocky Bennett and now you ... does that make us the Four Musketeers?

Enjoy Linux - I do every day

Wizard

BTW - your brother will wise up one day. The best feeling about knocking your head against a brick wall ... is the wonderful feeling when you stop, lol
Sounds like you are getting the band back together, mate!:p:p good on ya!

Hello, a green one here, couple maybe will remember me when I erase the O.S. and entered linux after a good funny and sometimes chaotic (was my fault) thread on BC.
Thanks to WizardfromOz for telling me about linux.org.
Hope this will be a good place to start learning more about linux if I have the strong will to READ & PRACTICE.
Been using Ubuntu 14.4 (trusty) Mate 1.8.2 for quite some time, and it has given no awful problems at all (those started when I upgraded to their last version).
The junk PC works fine, just a couple of issues I'm sure someone here will have the solution for, but that's it.
Feels great to be using linux, and surely it's fun to see my brother yelling and having big problems with his old lap using you know what O.S., waiting 5 minutes for it to start, and another 5 for his browser to open.
I'll show him this forum, and hope that he would make the great change ... someday.
Cheers to everyone.
Welcome, good sir!..... :3 He'll probably love Linux, like we all do..... :3 I remember how frustrated I was when Windows would run slow..... Admittedly, if you have like 8 Gigs of RAM, then it'll run (MOSTLY) smoothly, but I've seen better with my Laptop running Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD all on the same HDD..... :) Windows does well enough, but it's absurd that an OS should need that much RAM..... :)

Members online

Latest posts