Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Just a kid tryna learn stuff

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Youngcoin, May 1, 2017.

1. Youngcoin

Youngcoin New Member

Hello, I'm a computer geek wanting to learn more about Linux and such. Being only 14, I've built multiple computer systems in the past couple years. I am an eager teen (not much of those anymore, sadly) I love to learn and I'm on my computer as much as I can be. I really enjoy this website because it's "new" and has a nice setup. I used to help out at my friend's website/blog until he ran out of funding to keep it up. Just wanted to put myself out there and say "Good Luck" to this site and all of the people maintaining it, nice work with it. :p

MikeyD and atanere like this.
  2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey man - thanks for joining up! Make sure you check out the tutorials, lots to learn in there.. but, also don't be afraid to ask questions :)

3. VP9KS

VP9KS Active Member

Welcome aboard, Mate. We need all the geeks we can get:D:D. Let the journey begin.:)
    Paul

4. atanere

atanere Moderator
    Gold Supporter

Welcome! We are glad to have young and old alike here. (And that's good for me too, because I'm getting old fast! :eek::D)

Have you picked a favorite Linux distribution yet?

5. MikeyD

MikeyD New Member

Welcome. I hope you keep enjoying and stick with it. Its a great time to be in tech :)

It is a small but pretty tight-knit community here so feel free to join in or ask any questions you may run in to.