its official!

Hillbilly H

Reaction score
Credits
its official ! i am microsoft free and loving it! Happy,Happy,Happy! :D

Congratulations. You've got a whole lot to learn - if you want to learn it.

For the most part, a Linux system will stay running indefinitely if properly updated and not screwed with. If you start screwing with it, that's when it breaks. That's when you learn more about your new OS!

Those of us who are really adept at finding fixes for people?

Probably nearly universally, we got there from screwing with things and breaking 'em. At some point in the past, we've all decided to poke, tweak, break, and learn.

But, if you don't do that, you probably won't have any problems. If you read sites like AskUbuntu, like 90% of the problems are from people who screwed with their computer or who are trying to screw with it.

So, learn and use a good backup strategy and then start screwing with it. (An untested backup is not a backup at all.)

its official ! i am microsoft free and loving it! Happy,Happy,Happy! :D
Greetings @Hillbilly H
Please, please, please ...... before you start screwing around with your new toy ..... open up Timeshift and do a backup on an external drive. That way, you are covering your rear-end when {not if} you screw things up. Not only that, but it will establish a good habit for the future.
In the meantime, enjoy your newfound freedom from all that control that abounds on MS Windows.
Old Geezer, Tango Charlie

Also, you have a "?" in your signature.

Code:
sudo lshw -c memory | grep clock

Thank you all. :D
ill get one of my backup win clones formatted for the backup.
ME mess with a new toy? LOL Dang is like yall know me!
P.S. "KGiLL" fixed Thank you.

P.S. "KGiLL" fixed Thank you.

kgiii (if you're curious). It's a long story. I've posted my username origin before. I'm pretty sure I made a thread just for people to share their username origins.

LOL just remembered all my photos and music i need to transfer over.

LOL just remembered all my photos and music i need to transfer over.

I wouldn't bother. You're gonna break it and have to rebuild it a half-dozen times and that just makes more data you've gotta store, backup, and transfer.

I'm only partially kidding.

I keep all that sorta stuff on external drives and on drives mounted elsewhere in the house. It works for me.

Got the photos and music moved and time shift set up. Have a backup to external and onboard. LOL now time to go screwing with the boot config.:rolleyes:

kgiii (if you're curious). It's a long story. I've posted my username origin before. I'm pretty sure I made a thread just for people to share their username origins.

Members online

Latest posts