It does not preview the thumbnails of the mobile photos

Hmm... I wonder if there's a time limitation and the image sizes or transfer speeds are making it so that the thumbnails don't show because they take too long to transfer to the computer?

I'm trying to think of the file manager's name, but I've seen "TTL" (though probably under a different name) settings before, though they might have been set when you compiled it. I can't recall and it has been ages - plus I'm well into my third glass of wine.

Make that 4th glass of wine. I forgot to hit the post reply button.

I had to add go-mtpfs so my Samsung Android would transfer files correctly

Thanks for the suggestion. Just added it and no change. Again, I'm not having a problem transferring files ... just these damned thumbnail icons!

Here is a screen shot showing the problem:

Screenshot_2022-06-10_19-19-22.png

It could be your thumbnails folder on your phone is not being read by Linux or it is corrupted - Android puts thumbnails in a hidden folder /storage/DCIM/.thumbnails - if you move the photos from your phone to your hard diver can you see the thumbnails? If you can then the problem is with your phone

I don't think there is anything wrong with my phone. I connected the phone to my wifes (linux mint) computer and it works perfectly. Here's the screenshot:
Screenshot_2022-06-11_10-47-00.png

Also, if I use something like cxfile on the phone it shows the thumbs just fine. But, funny/odd bit is that I can find a number of .thumbnail directories on the phone ... there's one for music files and another for movies, but not one for the camera. Yet, cxfile on the phone AND my other computer is displaying the thumbs. Just not my main computer.

the only thing I can suugest is to compare what is in Linux Mint vs Ubuntu and see what the difference is - open synaptic package manager in Mint type thumbnail in the search block and see what is installed and check that against Ubuntu

I tired running ubuntu 22.04 yesterday off a USB stick. Same problem. I'll have to try it later on a different computer. And, then I'll have to grab a different live distro and try that again. Interesting trying to find a common problem causing all this.

Members online