Issue with Gigabyte H410M S2H V3

hdkush

Reaction score
Credits
Good morning. Im trying to install this drivers of a gigabyte motherboard on Debian 11. On the gigabyte site I dont find any drivers for Linux. Due this issue my kern.log messages and other files of /var/log have a size of 100-120gb each. This issue is PCIe Bus error severity=Corrected and I fix this temporally adding this line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet pci=nomsi" on sudo nano /etc/default/grub. Somebody knows how I can install this drivers?

Welcome to the forums

Unlike windows Linux doesn't use proprietary driver sets, the Kernel includes generic drivers for most equipment & motherboards, those that it doesn't can usually be added , when you installed your debian you would normally be asked if you want to include non-free / proprietary drivers .. did you tick the box to say yes? [this doesn't mean you have to pay anything it just means the drivers are covered by statutory copywrite]
we have several members adapt at programing [ but not me] but as we are spread across all time zones it may take a while, before they drop in.

Welcome to the forums

Unlike windows Linux doesn't use proprietary driver sets, the Kernel includes generic drivers for most equipment & motherboards, those that it doesn't can usually be added , when you installed your debian you would normally be asked if you want to include non-free / proprietary drivers .. did you tick the box to say yes? [this doesn't mean you have to pay anything it just means the drivers are covered by statutory copywrite]
we have several members adapt at programing [ but not me] but as we are spread across all time zones it may take a while, before they drop in.
Thanks for the fast answer and It´s my first post here hope can I use the forum to help other people and also get some help. I installed yesterday the debian-live-11.1.0-amd64-xfce+nonfree and yeah I selected the box you mentioned and the system is working with a good performance but the logs are increasing each 10 seconds like 100mb. Now with this line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet pci=nomsi added to the grub. The failures of the pcie are not registered in the log and they are not constantly filling up but I would like to know if in some way I can install the drivers of the mentioned motherboard with the configured repositories it is not updated either. I don't know if updating the kernel would be possible.

Can you post an example of the messages filling up the log files?

@brickwizard is correct. Just about all the drivers are already in the Linux kernel for practically everything.
They are dynamically loaded, so it only loads what you need. The one exception is some WiFi cards.
Debian is typically a ways behind the mainline distro's. (Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, etc..) My fedora is on 5.14.18
I think Debian is still 5.10.x

What drivers is it you think you need?
Can you give output of ..

lspci

Members online

Latest posts