Is there a way to get a list of available kernels in GRUB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor Burnetter

Reaction score
Credits
Like I know there is a "Linux" command. But I can't really do anything if I can't give it an argument

Like I know there is a "Linux" command. But I can't really do anything if I can't give it an argument
What distro? There is no "Linux" command. Did you mean "how to list installed Kernels"? Did you mean "how to list kernels available to install in Linux"? Did you mean "how to boot to a different kernel from grub"? What is it exactly you want to know, and what is it exactly you want to do with that info? Depending on your answers to each one of those questions, our answers may vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes their is a Linux command dumbass. And it's not in the OS or distro. It's a command in GRUB. Https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/m...Command_002dline-and-menu-entry-commands.html .I want to know if loading a different kernels can help fix my os problem. As the problem is loading into busybox and not having access to the graphics card or certain blocks of memory
It's not very smart to call someone a dumbass who is trying to be helpful by responding to your question. Especially since your description of your problem was very vague and it's impossible to read your mind. As for why @Tolkem responded the way he did was because of assuming you were talking about being booted in GNU/Linux because you said.
Like I know there is a "Linux" command.
If you had put some more time and effort into your first post you would have gotten another and more helpful answer. Look in the mirror first before you start complaining, lastly name calling is never going to get you anywhere and says more about you than the other person.

Last edited:
Yes their is a Linux command dumbass
Again, there is no "Linux" command ... there is a "linux" command, with lowercase, because case do matter in Linux, and you never ever mentioned you wanted to run the "linux" command in the grub console, which you don't need to run to do what you want, and good luck getting help here or in any other site finding the answer for that, but with that attitude I seriously doubt anyone would be willing to help you.

EDIT: I edited my post in response to moderators editing of the offending post.

Last edited:
EDIT: I edited my post in response to moderators editing of the offending post.

LOL Good! I was just getting ready to address that. ;)

LOL Good! I was just getting ready to address that. ;)
I knew you'd be going for it and "fast-forwarded" before you did lol

Let's just say that I agree with the sentiment, but we've all gotta be civil - no matter how hard it is.

I find it helps if I read things as though they're written with the best of intentions. It's a rule/guideline from HN that I appreciate for its simplicity and potential results.

Morning all from DownUnder :)

This thread has become a train wreck and I am locking it with a view to delete it.

My friends here will know I mean no offence at their attempts to help, which are always appreciated.

@Connor Burnetter , I suggest you take a read of the link in Moderator @KGIII 's signature which reads

and then start a new Thread in the appropriate subforum.

You mentioned

...And it's not in the OS or distro. It's a command in GRUB. Https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/m...Command_002dline-and-menu-entry-commands.html .I want to know if loading a different kernels can help fix my os problem. As the problem is loading into busybox and not having access to the graphics card or certain blocks of memory

Tell us what Linux Distro you are using, name, version number, and desktop environment (eg Cinnamon, GNOME, Mate, KDE, Xfce).

Take a cell phone picture of the Busybox error and upload it, or if you are using a Virtual Machine, a screenshot, and tell us whether you are booting with Windows or not.

Then we may be in a better position to help you.

Thank you all

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

BTW @Tolkem @f33dm3bits note the closure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online