Is ProtonDB full of trolls?

BigBadBeef

Reaction score
Credits
I am browsing ProtonDB in regards to games I am currently playing on, both natively supported and the ones running on the compatibility layer. What I see is just an avalanche of people criticizing natively supported games of how they run better on proton, or even platinum rated games being buggy as hell.

And those are recent reports. I don't know wtf they are talking about, 99% of all the problems reported is something I have never experienced, even more so, everything that is natively supported on linux is running better than it ever did on windows.

So I have to ask - are those trolls or is my 6 year-old Xeon gaming rig that well built?

I don't know a thing about ProtonDB however what I do know is some people aren't happy unless they're bitching and complaining.

I read all kinds of horror stories about Snaps and I'm using Snaps without any problems and Snaps work great or do for me.

People read about a bad experience others have had and base an opinion without actually having installed and tried out for themselves.

If you're happy and everything is working without problems than that's what matters imo.

What I do know about gaming is if you have to have a kick ass computer and internet speed to be a happy gamer. ;)

I don't know a thing about ProtonDB however what I do know is some people aren't happy unless they're bitching and complaining.

I read all kinds of horror stories about Snaps and I'm using Snaps without any problems and Snaps work great or do for me.

People read about a bad experience others have had and base an opinion without actually having installed and tried out for themselves.

If you're happy and everything is working without problems than that's what matters imo.

What I do know about gaming is if you have to have a kick ass computer and internet speed to be a happy gamer. ;)
So... not trolls but rather mommy's boys, complaining why their GT 730 won't run Crisis 3 @4K 600fps?

Probably so. :D

What I remember about Crisis is that it was pretty graphics demanding so I imagine the later versions are even more graphics demanding.

One of the reasons I never got into gaming is because I just didn't want to spend the money for a kick ass build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably so. :D

What I remember about Crisis is that it was pretty graphics demanding so I imagine the later versions are even more graphics demanding.

One of the reasons I never got into gaming is because I just didn't want to spend the money for a kick ass build.
Every 6-8 years I splurge profusely for a new pc. We're talking about "a decent used car" amount of money. I am absolutely meticulous, take months to plan and each one is a masterpice of price/performance ratio and stability.

The reward? I haven't had to buy me has much a new fan since its' inception and in since the last one's lifespan, I've saved about 50% over building budget pcs every 2 years or midrange pc's every 3-4 years. Its 2021, and the system can still run 1st gen consumer VR @90fps!

Only now am I contemplating a new one, but only because it is physically incapable of going over 4k for the latest VR tech and can't do raytracing. But otherwise bugs? Crashes? Performance issues? I don't know wtf everyone is talking about! And these are people with brand new computers!

Try it! Its worth it! You'll SAVE money on the long run!

I understand what you're saying.

Computer parts will have to come down in price before I do another build they have become outrageous since crypto mining.

I simply refuse to pay the jacked up price that computer parts cost nowadays.

I have several good working desktops and okay they are older desktops and they work good for Linux desktops.

Maybe when computer parts prices become reasonable again I'll do another build but until they do it ain't gonna happen.

I stopped buying firearms because of the jacked up prices.

Used to be able to buy a name brand handgun for $200.00 to $300.00 dollars at the local gun stores or any of the gun shows not no more.

Seems manufacturers are just producing poorly manufactured products and tossing them onto the market for a higher cost.

They say it will settle down somewhere around summer/fall 2022.

Members online