Is photoshop 2019 or 2020 native work on GNU/Linux with Wine?

Never tried but I came across it in a sub-reddit where someone mentioned it, it's basically a script that installs Photoshop through wine and the other option would be to learn to work with GIMP but I'm not sure that works for all use cases as in I don't do graphic design.

2 years ago I ran PS CC2019 on Linux with Wine. All I had to do was to put all d3d* DLLs from DXVK into the directory where photoshop.exe was.
Shortly after that I discovered GIMP had DDS plugins too which made Photoshop unnecessary. :p

I have tried several versions such as CS6, Photoshop CC, Photoshop 2024, but the compatibility issues persist, particularly with Windows VM. Currently, Windows VM (Wine) can be used for both 10 and 11, but only Photoshop CS6 seems to be the most stable on Linux/Ubuntu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shortly after that I discovered GIMP had DDS plugins too which made Photoshop unnecessary. :p
I'm really glad I saw this. I've used GIMP. To me it looks pretty much the same as PhotoShop, but I haven't used it nearly as much as PhotoShop. And to go further, it's been a while since I did much more than light editing in PhotoShop. In a year or two, I'm going to work on getting back up to speed. This gives me lot of relief!
Thank you!

Members online

Latest posts