Is Linux support digital Art pro? how can i protect my PC from virus?

Yara

Reaction score
Credits
hi i'm new in Linux so i want to know if it support digital art pro and movie edit , video montage maker and record program
animation pro ? what is the version i should install ? and how can i protect my PC from virus?

There are professional quality art/graphics, video and audio editing programs available for Linux. Many of them are completely free (in every sense) and there are also a few proprietary ones.

As you have expressed an interest in the arts - you might want to take a look at Ubuntu Studio - which contains a lot of pre-configured software for professional level Audio, Video and graphics/art. .

Viruses and malware are not much of an issue on Linux. Linux isn't 100% invulnerable or anything - but as long as you keep your system up to date and you don't go downloading and installing random things from dodgy sites on the internet - you are unlikely to get any kind of virus/malware. If you are just a desktop user - you are as safe as you can possibly be.

There are only a handful of antivirus programs available for Linux. ClamAV is the only 100% free one that I'm aware of. There are some proprietary ones available too. But I've never really looked at using Antivirus.

I've been using Linux for over 10 years and I've never had any kind of virus/malware on my PC.

There are professional quality art/graphics, video and audio editing programs available for Linux. Many of them are completely free (in every sense) and there are also a few proprietary ones.

As you have expressed an interest in the arts - you might want to take a look at Ubuntu Studio - which contains a lot of pre-configured software for professional level Audio, Video and graphics/art. .

Viruses and malware are not much of an issue on Linux. Linux isn't 100% invulnerable or anything - but as long as you keep your system up to date and you don't go downloading and installing random things from dodgy sites on the internet - you are unlikely to get any kind of virus/malware. If you are just a desktop user - you are as safe as you can possibly be.

There are only a handful of antivirus programs available for Linux. ClamAV is the only 100% free one that I'm aware of. There are some proprietary ones available too. But I've never really looked at using Antivirus.

I've been using Linux for over 10 years and I've never had any kind of virus/malware on my PC.
Thanks a lot for your help :) I wish to you all happiness.

Afternoon all, and Welcome Yara :)

Sophos and Comodo are highly thought of in some areas, regarding Antivirus. I have not used them... I am in the category as with Jas (@JasKinasis ), haven't had the need.

You can read more about them here:

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/antivirus-for-linux.php

and

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-antivirus-for-linux.aspx

Cheers and enjoy your Linux

Wizard

Thanks for your help :) These links is very helpful. Thanks

Members online

Latest posts