Is it possible to have 2 Operating Systems booted at the same time. 2nd being live from USB stick?

Fair enough.

It's still sounding like your best solution is a virtual machine setup. When you have a VM, the host (main OS) and client VM do not talk to each other. They just share the same hardware resources. Even the network connection, including the MAC is disperate, with a different IP.

You can set up a firewall and VPN on the VM client, and whatever other tools you want, and it should just work as if it's a separate machine ... because it is.
@SlowCoder

What you said is correct!
But what i am saying, (and i know i am sounding paranoid) is. Giving you Windows 10 example.
Windows 10 in itself is a backdoor and spying tool. I spoke to a peer that knows about IT way, (but way more than i do), and he told me this!
Meaning, if Microsoft mothership wants; ISP wants, or a hacker wants; your Samsung monitors for e.g. get seen and recorded like Snagit Software is able to capture them.
So, what you do in VMware is also seen. Right?

That's why i am moving to Linux. But sometimes i still need Windows.
What i said happens to some people, specially those visiting malicious sites or the dark web, not well protected.
I intend to become better with security, learn ethical hacking and visit some dark web stuff.

That's why the KVM switch and two devices might the the best route for this.
The 2nd OS might be Tails for e.g.

I'm not aware of a way to prevent screen capture of a client VM from a host machine. So I guess separate physical systems with a KVM is probably the best approach for your situation.

@bob466

Is what you said for real or some good humor? :D
You'll never know unless you try it will you.
evilgrin0010.gif

While you can't run 2 or more operating systems at the same time on the same computer (except as virtual machines)... you can control multiple computers at the same time with a KVM switch.
That's not true.
The IBM AS/400 can run the S/36 & S/38 concurrently.
It incredibly survives the test of time and the latest incarnation is IBM i.

That's not true.

Hmm... It *could* be true - 'cause he said "you". Now, if we assume it's not a 'royal you' and speaks to them specifically, odds are pretty good that they don't have an AS/400. So, they can not run both of those OSes concurrently. Well, they can't until they get themselves an AS/400!

That said, that's a wonderful factoid. I'd completely forgotten old IBM hardware. I used to kinda pay attention - but we were a Sun shop, moving to HP after Sun was acquired by One Raging Arsehole Called Larry Ellison.

Man, that seems like a lifetime ago... But, I digress... Thanks for the memories!

Anyhow, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

You could use a Raspberry Pi box with a KVM switch, cheaper that way

Members online