iperf server and client on same computer

T

tmaimon

Hello All,

I'm trying to do network testing using iperf or netperf tools, and I'd like to be able to run both the client and server on the same computer.

The problem is that the packets sent internally route (in the kernel) and not going out to the out side world (physical layer).

Does some one have an example how to work with iperf or netperf tools with the same computer with two Ethernet device that connecting to device i need to test?

Thanks in advance!!!

hi, forget iperf

generate packets to selected interfaces via packet generator in kernel (pktgen module). then via "dstat -nf", you will see incoming/outgoing bandwidth rates on interfaces.

hope this helps

Hello All,

I'm trying to do network testing using iperf or netperf tools, and I'd like to be able to run both the client and server on the same computer.

The problem is that the packets sent internally route (in the kernel) and not going out to the out side world (physical layer).

Does some one have an example how to work with iperf or netperf tools with the same computer with two Ethernet device that connecting to device i need to test?

Thanks in advance!!!

Staff online

Members online