IPB forums and fonts

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
For some time now I noticed something - when I type text in IPB forums (all IPB forums, not just Linux.org) and Facebook, the majority of the fonts are not being rendered properly and the letters 'i' and 'j' (small ones, not capital) look strange - the dot of the 'i' merges with the base, making the 'i' look like small "L" - 'l'. Same is with 'j' where it looks like a capital 'J'.
Until earlier today I was using Noto Sans set in Firefox for fonts and these particular letters looked as described above. So yesterday I started experimenting and discovered that when using a font named "Ubuntu", it appears fine and the 'i' and 'j' letters appear as they should.
So I was hoping someone here might have an idea what is going on with fonts?

The Firefox default is Deja Vu Serif. I've never had a problem reading it. The white between the dot and the 'i' is indeed tiny, but it's apparently enough.

Some websites specify a tiny font size, which I immediately rectify by pounding on CTRL-+ until it's large enough to read comfortably.

For The Viewers, you can use Ctrl + a number of times, but you do not have to keep count to use Ctrl minus, just hit Ctrl 0 (zero) to return to the default.

Wiz

Members online