Intro from Nasho23

Nasho23

Reaction score
Credits
Hi People, My Name is Owen Carlton and 85 years of age, and an Ex Serviceman. Whilst I am quite familiar with Computers and Computing; my knowledge has been gained via MS DOS and later, of course, Windows. This is my first real view of the Linux World.
Some of my Family Members require a Family Cloud Storage facility, as they have some rather expensive photo and video collections, that need of the premises secure storage, from which they earn a meagre living. Having a few older computers around the shop, from my Repair and Servicing days, I have undertaken to make an attempt at getting a Server organised for them. Unfortunately; this means I have a need to draw on the knowledge of some of you folk -- Thank You in advance. I am using Ubuntu Server 18.04 and OwnCloud Server to hopefully achieve a functioning Cloud Storage System.
A liitle bit of my past history that has/is involving Computers, is my Rats of Tobruk Project of 10 years standing - this incolves a Filemaker Pro National Rats of Tobruk Database of 19,140 records, coupled to my Rats of Tobruk Tribute Website, which contains the Honour Roll for the Rats of Tobruk, taken from my Database File, and other materials of interest. I have been personally responsible, on a voluntary basis, for locating each and every Rat of Tobruk whose details appear on the Original and Only, Rats of Tobruk Tribute Website in the World. There is no other facility that can provide these details in one common place. This is an ongoing Project and one of which I am very Proud to have created. For those of you who do not know who the Rats of Tobruk are, Google "Rats of Tobruk" and you will find a Wiki, etc, that tells the story fairly well about their days in Tobruk, Libya, during the 241 day Siege of Tobruk, the longest Siege in British Military History. My Uncle was one of these Famous Rats of Tobruk. My Website is ( www.ratsoftobruktribute.com ) please Enjoy - Cheers, Owen Carlton

Owen you forgot Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi :)

G'day again, and welcome.

What a worthy and extensive project!

We have a number of Aussies here, Brian (@Condobloke ) and I are the most notorious active but you may meet some from time to time, you can tell 'em by the accent ;)

Cheers and avagud Sunday

Wiz

Welcome Owen! Quite a project... both the "Rats" and the "OwnCloud" that you are working on! I use a "fake Aussie accent" sometimes, so don't be fooled... I'm in Indiana. :D

Cheers

It's a pretty crummy accent ... but he does like a beer, so he can't be all bad, hey Stan? :)

G'day Owen, and Welcome !

Good bunch here, Owen....most (if not all) like a beer (or three)

I used have a penchant for West End (souh australia)....I was consuming that in the real outback of nsw.....places like ATilpa and Louth...broken hill on occasion........then I allowed myself to slide way down the ladder to VB. (I still like it)

I am in south east asia at present...they have a brew here call Red Horse. Not for the faint hearted.

Enough about grog......Welcome mate....stay and teach us all a bit

....then I allowed myself to slide way down the ladder to VB.

Tread carefully, Brian ... I'm betting Owen's a Vic(torian) - and with a surname like Carlton, he may drink a certain beer and support a certain footy team :D;)

Wiz

b_Zo_Rud6_-_Imgur.gif

Members online