Internet Installing

O

Ouilo75

Dear all, how can i install a Linux from Internet when I do not have CD-rom unit and the SO is the Express Gate from ASUS..? if you have some suggestion would be very appreciated...

You don't need to install from CD. You can do it from USB thumb drive then network. I am not familiar with Express Gate, but I was under the impression that Express Gate is Linux?

You don't need to install from CD. You can do it from USB thumb drive then network. I am not familiar with Express Gate, but I was under the impression that Express Gate is Linux?

Thanks Dale for your quick reply, it's very appreciated..I have to say that I get an external CD drive and I did try to install openSUSE 12.3 and now Debian but they do not work..It's very frustrating because it takes a lot of time to download the images DVD and then you realize that these image can be broken (textually wrote in the website), so what it's the game in the Linux organization ? the DVD are available but....many things in between from one step to another one...I do not understand. when I run open SUSE did start to install but sudenly stop and my coimputer is death I had never seen that before !? now I try to install Debian and I can't see my screen ???? what is that ? can someone explain me why is so complicate install a simple OS in a computer ? please without philosophy -it's not life it's just a computer ok...thanks

Members online