Internet connected but no connection?

karakayatfl

Reaction score
Credits
I can connect to any wi-fi but I can't enter any website or ping it. My computer has recently suddenly shutdown while I was connecting to VPN, my guess is that this is the issue but I don't know how to fix it. I don't know what information to share for you to help, sorry.

I don't know what information to share for you
Welcome to the forums, If you can't connect the machine at all, there is no point in asking you to run any terminal commands to post back to us.
So to start with, what is the make and full model number of your machine, and which Linux are you trying to install/operate

Bwiz

Last edited:
Thanks for replying!

I didn't connect to VPN, the computer was shutdown while it was connecting and I couldn't use the internet after turning it on again, so I thought that that may be the issue.

Welcome to the forums, If you can't connect the machine at all, there is no point in asking you to run any terminal commands to post back to us.
I think I can send photos of the outputs of the commands.

Let's see if I have this right,
you can find and log onto a Wi-Fi router but can't gain internet access,
Is it your personal router or someone else, if it's yours the first thing to try would be re-boot the router
if that doesn't work, then check your own internet settings in your browser, and any fire wall settings,
if its still not working run in a terminal ifconfig and post the report back [it won't help me [not into programming] but it may raise some help from other members

I had a similar issue before without the shutdown part. If you connect to the VPN and you shutdown your machine, when you boot it up it still has the VPN config on but it isn't really connected to the VPN endpoint and it looks like you have internet connection but you can not ping anything. A way to solved this is to reboot the OS and disconnect from VPN even it says is not connected to VPN and that should reestablish your internet connection. I am not sure how did you connect to VPN, either through UI or CLI, but either way try to run the command in CLI to disconnect from the VPN

Members online