Integrity: Problem loading X.509 certificate -65, what does this mean and should I worry about it?

BoringZombie

Reaction score
Credits
When I boot into Linux on a live usb it gives me this message: Integrity: Problem loading X.509 certificate -65, with some code under it. I tried to take a photo of it but it goes by too fast.

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga c740 Ideapad laptop. Its bios is in uefi mode and it does not support legacy. I have disabled secure boot and intel trust technology. But I have left on SGX. It shows me the message with secure boot disabled. I don't enable secure boot as it blocks my usb from installing.

I looked up the error message but unlike some others I can boot into linux on a live usb I can also install it on my system without any problems. Itr's just that the error message shows.

BTW I am not dual booting it with any other OS as I've wiped out all operating systems from my SSD.

A guy on Reddit responded to another person with same message saying that it was harmless.

Verify the integrity if your ISO. That's what I'd try at this stage.

As we have no idea *which* Linux you're using, we can't really help with better directions.

Verify the integrity if your ISO. That's what I'd try at this stage.

As we have no idea *which* Linux you're using, we can't really help with better directions.
I'm using Parrot OS Home. I downloaded it from their site.

Where you downloaded it, it'll tell you how to verify the integrity of the file. I'll dig it out for you this time.

Those are the signed hashes. You'll have to look up how to verify them on Windows (if that's what you're also using). Otherwise, look it how to check the hashes for Linux for directions.

You can also try downloading it again - this time using the Torrent method. Torrent's automatically verify the integrity of the download.

Where you downloaded it, it'll tell you how to verify the integrity of the file. I'll dig it out for you this time.

Those are the signed hashes. You'll have to look up how to verify them on Windows (if that's what you're also using). Otherwise, look it how to check the hashes for Linux for directions.

You can also try downloading it again - this time using the Torrent method. Torrent's automatically verify the integrity of the download.
Thank you very much, I'll try this.

I tried the Torrent method and it fixed my problem. Thank you again.

No problem and I'm glad it worked. I wasn't quite 100% certain, but I was pretty sure.

Enjoy your Linux journey and feel free to start new threads if you have problems.

Members online