Installing Wakfu in Linux Mint 15

• Thread starter Diogo Borges Mendes
  • Start date
D

Diogo Borges Mendes

Hello,

I recently changed operating system from windows 7 to Linux Mint 15. So far I really like Linux. I play Wakfu for about one and half year and I am having trouble installing it on Linux and when installed using it correctly.
For some reason the uplancher from the game opens twice and won't allow me to play correctly.
I have seen people talking about wine but I don't know how to use wine properply.

Once the game is installed it runs smoothly. But when I close the game and try to open it again, as I mentioned above the uplauncher opens twice and Won't let me play. When I only open the game without the uplauncher works, but with a lot of translations bugs. Eg: !Account name!; !NameOfTheCharacter!, things like this...

I asked the operator who changed me the operating system to install me wakfu, and then I asked him to put the shortcut into the Desktop but he changed some links and now I can' t undo it...

Have you tried to start it from the Menu where it says "Run"? You will need to type in the name wakfu and press enter.

Have you tried to start it from a Terminal? Again you will need to type wakfu and press enter.

It is available for Ubuntu. Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu, so Wine shouldn't be needed. https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/wakfu/

There's nothing go extract from that site, I tried already :/

When It works, I cannot close the game again otherwise the up launcher wont work

I fixed it.

Open console, insert:

/opt/ankama/Wakfu/UpLauncher

Opens launcher, game runs normally, but under that code it show some debug

Members online

Latest posts