installing timeshift on EndeavourOS

captain-sensible

Credits
timeshift , i found was not available in Arch vanilla standard repo's but i found it here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/timeshift/?O=10&PP=10

i could have enabled AUR in system but instead decided to not install that route.

Instead i downloaded the "snapshot" link shown in above url. Then simply right click to extract timeshift.tar.gz to Desktop, Then it was just a case of cd'ing into timeshift directory and running:

Code:
makepkg -si
I had already prepared a 64gig usb stick with ext4 file system same as that i chose for my EndeavourOS ; lauched timeshift and followed my nose

Attachments

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
AUR helpers are there to help you automatically update the AUR packages, unless you want to git pull manually to check if there are updates available for a package. I use aurutils to manage my installed AUR packages but the most popular one I think is yay or paru.

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Curious, yay was already installed on my Endeavour OS, Andy.

Any questions on Timeshift you can always ask over at my

Timeshift Thread

I have it installed on over 70 Linux

Wiz

captain-sensible

Credits
Chris, there's a good chance mine did too.. an element of me not being my usual prudent self and a touch of over enthusiasm ? I got timeshift working and created a snapshot ; took quite some time but thats probably a reflection of wifes laptop - cheap and cheerful

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online