Installing Linux on a Virtual Drive

M

Millard

Currently, I use Linux Ubuntu and Windows 7 as a dual boot system. I would like to change Linux from the dual booting into the Virtual Partition I just created. Do I need to remove the dual boot first, or can I go ahead and install Linux into the virtual drive and then remove it from dual booting? I don't want to destroy windows and/or Linux as I attempt this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any advice.

Millard

Currently, I use Linux Ubuntu and Windows 7 as a dual boot system. I would like to change Linux from the dual booting into the Virtual Partition I just created. Do I need to remove the dual boot first, or can I go ahead and install Linux into the virtual drive and then remove it from dual booting? I don't want to destroy windows and/or Linux as I attempt this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any advice.

Millard

What do you mean by "virtual partition"? Do you mean a virtual hard-disk file like a virtual machine?

To remove dual-booting, have Windows reformat the GNU/Linux partition. Then, do what ever you do to make Windows reconfigure its bootloader since Grub is now gone, or partially gone.

Hi Devyn,

I meant to type virtual drive and not partition. I have removed dual booting before but was wanting to run Linux from a virtual drive and not dual booting. I will try your suggestion also.

Thanks for the very quick reply,

Millard

Hi Devyn,

I meant to type virtual drive and not partition. I have removed dual booting before but was wanting to run Linux from a virtual drive and not dual booting. I will try your suggestion also.

Thanks for the very quick reply,

Millard

Do you already know what virtual machine you wish to use and how to use it?

I have acer aspire v3 -471G with windows 8.1 OS.In this notebook uefi is there it didnt allow linux OS. Can u give solution for installing linux OS in my notebook

I have acer aspire v3 -471G with windows 8.1 OS.In this notebook uefi is there it didnt allow linux OS. Can u give solution for installing linux OS in my notebook

You can get more an better help by asking in the forums as a new thread.

Members online

Latest posts