Installing Freemake Video Converter in Deepin

olympic

Reaction score
Credits
Greetings all,
Firstly, I should mention I am aware of the various forum posts regarding the installation of Freemake video converter, on Linux systems, but I have a couple of questions.

I am running Deepin Ver 15.11 and have installed Wine so as to run a very old (2005) Gamehouse game called Wordslinger, as well as Picasa. Both work very well under Wine. I thought I would try Freemake also and noted in a post the requirement for Net4.0 framework.

I downloaded the requisite Net files and tried installing via Wine. I have attached a screenshot of the result. DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200718081405.png

As this result appeared to satisfy the need for Freemake, I then tried to install that program.
I have attached screenshots of the result.DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200718081443.png DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200718081500.pngDeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200718081519.png

The third screenshot shows the installation in progress, and that carried through to completion, at which stage the screen disappeared as is normal in the Windows installation.

After a period of around ten seconds the following popped up. DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200718081558.png

I can find no running instance of Freemake on my pc. The following is the terminal output. DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200718084752.png

I assume the problems may be associated with some of the information in that Terminal output, but from there I have no idea where to go.

Appreciate any advice offered.

Does Freemake Video Converter offer something special or would a native Linux app like HandBrake do instead?

Hi arochester,
The reason I like Freemake is that it allows me to take, as an example, a series of videos into the program, include a menu, and then burn them to s disc, as a series of vob files.

I had thought of using handbrake, but it really can only be used as a format converter,and as far as I can see has no option to include a menu or burn a DVD. Unless I am missing something.

Is there an alternative you could suggest