Installing Debian on a Lenovo k3011w ideatab. No dock keyboard, no touch support.

sadielcuentas

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone. I think this might be quite simple but I googled for hours to solve it and couldn't find anything useful.

I'm trying to install Debian on a Lenovo k3011w ideatab. I have made a live USB using the image "debian-live-10.4.0-i386-gnome". I have been able to boot to the installation menu, but I get stuck there. My problem is, the tablet has no keyboard dock and only one USB c port. I use the USB port to boot the to the live USB, then I have to disconnect the USB to connect an USB keyboard and choose one of the options in the boot menu offered by the live USB:

IMG_20200703_110512733.jpg

IMG_20200703_110623804.jpg

When I choose any of those and hit enter, I am told I have to insert the USB and then hit any key, which I just cant since the USB is in the only port I got! I also am able to boot to a command shell by pressing "c", but do not know what commands could I use to have the computer start the installation after I disconnect the keyboard and re connect the live USB.

Also, the tablet has an internal slot for a memory card. I have already inserted a card with a bootable image there, but have not been able to boot from there with any of the boot alternatives I get on EUFI:

IMG_20200703_102130873 (1).jpg

So, I think this might be quite simple to solve, but I really got no idea how to fix it! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all for reading this.

Greetings

Sadiel

Looks to me you need to be running 32bit (2GB RAM) and have a USB3 hub, like this one, in hand, OP

Staff online