installing anaconda

Reaction score
Credits
Hey Folks
I wanted to install Anaconda. I've downloaded Anaconda 3 as a .sh file from the official site. What do I do next to install?
Thanks

Well, Anaconda has been installed. But to launch the Navigator, I have to use the terminal. The Anaconda Navigator Desktop App is missing. Nor do I find Anaconda in the listed Apps. No shortcut no icon. Did the trouble shooting suggested in docs.anaconda.com, without a positive result.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Where did you install Anaconda, give the exact path?

Hi f33dm3bits,
pl see the screenshots. Do these help?
using the terminal to launch navigator results in the navigator being launched. The terminal however freezes after displaying message (screenshot ....39-33.png). Navigator vanishes if I close the terminal.
Should I try re-installing Anaconda from scratch?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-02-09 09-39-33.png
    Screenshot from 2021-02-09 09-39-33.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot from 2021-02-09 09-25-09.png
    Screenshot from 2021-02-09 09-25-09.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 291
Another screenshot of Anaconda files locations.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-02-09 09-59-00.png
    Screenshot from 2021-02-09 09-59-00.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 296
When you ran.
Code:
bash Anaconda3-2020.02-Linux-x86_64.sh (Or which ever version you downloaded)
Where you do tell it to install it after you it asked you where you wanted to install it?[/CODE]

anaconda after install - should be located here - /home/username/anaconda3

To activate the Anaconda installation, you can either close and re-open your shell or load the new path environment variable into the current shell session by typing:
Code:
source ~/.bashrc

hmmmm.... did'nt work. Earlier in my Windows days, Anaconda after installation, had the navigator accessible under the main menu. One just clicked on the icon and started using Jyupiter or whatsoever.
Maybe I have messed up the installation, as the usual tests like "conda list" and "python" etc are giving correct results.
Navigator also works fine if I launch it from the terminal ("anaconda-navigator"). However the terminal itself gets tied to the Navigator (ie the prompt is missing and it does not accept any other command). If I close the terminal, the Navigator too disappears.

you can use the Menu Editor to create your own launcher for anaconda-navigator, that way it won't be tied to the terminal

Members online