installilng gcc; can't install so much dependencies

E

emekadavid

i am using blag distro; i like keeping things simple, but i think i have some problem.
i wanted to install a program, usb-modeswitch, and it needed gcc, so when i tried installing gcc it gave me a dump of needed dependencies:
Code:
Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 1aca3465: NOKEY
error: Failed dependencies:
	binutils >= 2.20.51.0.2-12 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
	cloog-ppl >= 0.15 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
	cpp = 4.7.0-5.fc17 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
	glibc-devel >= 2.2.90-12 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
	libgcc >= 4.7.0-5.fc17 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
	libgmp.so.10 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
	libgomp = 4.7.0-5.fc17 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
	libmpc.so.2 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
	libmpfr.so.4 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
how can i install all these dependencies in one workflow instead of 9 using blag. kernel is 2.6
help needed. if it is not possible with blag, what would you have done? btw, my linux machine is not yet connected to the internet because of the usb-modeswitch problem which i want to resolve.

Is there any way you can connect it to the internet? That'd probably be the easiest way... other than grabbing the dependencies and putting them on a cd or something (but then what if THEY need deps)..

that's the question. what would you do in this situation. i think the files are important. one of them is a binutils package. if they need deps, then am in a loop. what does one do, switch distro? don't like ditching ship at all.

Short of what Rob said, you can also try booting up a live CD and seeing if that can connect to the Internet and such.

That, or dual-boot (if you can).

i wonder where i can get this program:
cpp = 4.7.0-5.fc17 is needed by gcc-4.7.0-5.fc17.i686
i have downloaded all the required programs except the above.
tnx

Suggest: learning on a Debian-based distro before trying to go purely Open Source (of which I am most impressed by OpenMamba) or rpm; try http://solusos.com -- it's good out-of-the-box.

i downloaded the deps and the deps are now a dependency tree. I searched online and found this site:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/general/gcc.html
I wonder if the gcc program can serve my needs. the rpms from the fedora based distros give about 12mb while this gives about 79mb. think it'd contain the gcc prog and the dependencies but i don't know what they mean by dejagnu being a dependency.
can someone really help me?
tnx

Ubuntu is not a Debian distro -- too far removed to call it such.

Don't know of blag ?
Will have a look , however I use Puppy-pretty small and it has a "devx.sfs " (squashed file system ) which you d/l and start at boot . This has all the files needed for compiling that are not in the normal distro .All of what you have above and more I think

i am planning to install a linux os but i haven't got knowledge about thats why which one is best for me? linux or ubuntu?

i am planning to install a linux os but i haven't got knowledge about thats why which one is best for me? linux or ubuntu?

Ubuntu is a version of Linux. To answer your question though, either Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

Members online

Latest posts