Installed from USB Stick. Now Getting "Reset System" Errors

Rick-B-LA

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

Trying to get away from Microsoft so I downloaded Ubuntu to a USB stick. The install seemed to go fine but when I restarted my computer (Acer Aspire ES1) I get a "Reset System" message in the upper left corner, and then it tries to reload again. This goes on indefinitely until I hit F12 and boot once again from the stick. Besides being an inconvenience to carry the USB everywhere I go, it also re-installs Ubuntu and resets all my previous settings.

I thought it might have something to do with the files I downloaded, but they were verified, and the exact same thing happened when I tried to install Mint.

Essentially, I want to boot from my HD. Thanks in advance. Rick B.

Did you see this?

"Now, when you restart and remove your USB stick as prompted, you are likely to see your laptop stuck into a reboot loop with the “Acer” logo and a glimpse of an error message that reads something like:

System BootOrder not found. Initializing defaults.

Creating boot entry “Boot0006” with label “ubuntu” for file “\EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi”

Reset system"

Did you see this?

TADA! That was the answer. Took a little work and a couple of tries, but got it. Thank you so much for the quick responses!

Staff online