Installation of Linux

D

Deepthi

In my laptop i installed windows7.I need linux os also.Can i install linux on my laptop?

Definitely. You will need to "Shrink" windows, install Linux next to it, and either allow grub/burg to be the boot loader or let the Windows boot loader remain in control.

Definitely. You will need to "Shrink" windows, install Linux next to it, and either allow grub/burg to be the boot loader or let the Windows boot loader remain in control.
I dnt have any idea on that.Can u tell that steps

Yes, but if you resize the Windows partition windows will break. You need some other space or another HDD to install it to, or just get rid of windows all together.

If you resize it way to much... then again if you resize and move it, the boot loader could point to the wrong partition...but yeah you can resize Windows partitions either through Windows or with programs like Gparted.

I reasized my friends windows partition down 500 Gbs, to make room for linux, and it broke windows, wasn't my intention, but its good that that worthless waist of space called windows isnt there anymore.

Members online