Installation alongside windows

S

sean536

Im completely new to linux. I want to install Bodhi distribution alongside windows in the same hard disc partition. In instructions there's an option 'install alongside' where you could allocate space for each OS, but i didnt see it during the process. Is there a way to devide a partition on hard drive into two ? I downloaded Gparted but it doesnt start and says 'root privileges are required...'
thanks

i didnt see them. it brings me directly to 5a-3. I accidentally read on another forum the issue may result from hidden partitions, so that their number amounts to max 4. I thought Gparted would help, but i cant run it in live cd and it returns message 'root privileges are required for running'. How can i get gparted going?

Last edited:
i didnt see them. it brings me directly to 5a-3. I accidentally read on another forum the issue may result from hidden partitions, so that their number amounts to max 4. I thought Gparted would help, but i cant run it in live cd and it returns message 'root privileges are required for running'. How can i get gparted going?

Have you tried a LiveCD?

Members online